Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New Hampshire youth day

Old 05-01-2004, 05:23 PM

Default New Hampshire youth day

My Son and I went to one of are spots this morning. We roosted a Tom last night,
called him off the roost this morning. He was coming in when a Jake came in silent
behind us and started putting, he knew something was wrong but couldn't figure it out
I started to do some soft purrs and clucks it quieted him down but the Long Beard
started to leave so my son shot the jake weighted 16lb .25 spurs and 4.5 in beard
nice little bird my son was happy would send pic but every time I try it says file to
large when I figure it out I'll send photo......
Old 05-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Hampshire youth day

that is really cool [8D], congrats
Old 05-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also went out with my two sons, actually my bowhunting partners took the 3 of us, since I don't know anything about turkey hunting.

Youngest son (11 years old) was done before 6AM, tom was called in to about 12 yards and rolled nicely with a 20 guage 3 inch #6 shot! 18 lbs, 9.5 inch beard 1 inch spurs.

Older son, who we all thought was in the best spot, spent two days running around, calling, chasing etc. Had two that just wouldn't move, second day we messed up and ended up right UNDER the roosted birds, then later on had a nice one coming in, when around 75 yards (guessed based on sound) he dissappeared from the world. Then we saw why, a coyote was stalking our caller [>:]

--Bob
Old 05-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats fellas...awesome stuff!!![8D]
Old 05-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to you guys , its hard gettin the first one under ur belt , heck i havent even done it and ive hunted for 4 yrs , but still have 3 weeks left , so lets hope i can get it done
Old 05-04-2004, 02:34 PM

Here is a photo of my sons Gobbler he shot on the frist ever Kid's day New Hampshire 5/1/04