Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 PA Opening Day Is Finally Here!!!! PA Hunters Stand up and Be counted!!! >

PA Opening Day Is Finally Here!!!! PA Hunters Stand up and Be counted!!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

PA Opening Day Is Finally Here!!!! PA Hunters Stand up and Be counted!!!

Old 05-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Opening Day Is Finally Here!!!! PA Hunters Stand up and Be counted!!!

im here........hunt beaver forest and venango counties........hunted venango today....and ill stay here in beaver during the week if i find a day to knock off school and friday we dont have school so ill definently be out rain or shine.....saturday is back to venango i believe then the 3rd week we are going to forest to hunt thursday friday and saturday....plus the days inbetween now and then......when i hunt alone i stay in beaver county....being i dont want to drive really far alone that early.....i just got my liscense 7 months ago or so....so im still learning.....but i got a few spots down here in beaver county all ready to go.....and the trip to forest county if we go will be nice...just me and dad....hunting and fishing.....cant wait......season finally started.....today we worked 6 birds throught the day....all henned up hardcore.....pretty bad when you can HEAR the hens calling the birds right away from us.....on the roost they had hens right with them....and all morning they had hens with them.....but thats ok.....i had an enjoyable day with dad...as always....killing them isnt the fun part to me.....its having them going nuts to your calls and trying to get them in....killing them is nice.....but its not what its all about for me.....dont get me wrong ill shot any longbeard in range.....but i dont really care when i get my bird.....if i get one......its just a blast to hunt them good luck guys be safe
Old 05-01-2004, 09:42 PM

Default RE: PA Opening Day Is Finally Here!!!! PA Hunters Stand up and Be counted!!!

Went out a few minutes late this morning. I step out the door to hear a gobbler up in a tree aboout 60 yards from my door. I went one way thinking he would fly down and head for the side field. Of course we went the opposite way!
I moved and set up in my lucky spot from last year. Heard some gobbles but nothing came. it sounded like they were hung up out the the upper field. Finally I got up to stretch my legs and I see a couple of birds heading towards me. Two hens with a big tom strutting his way behind them. Then I hear some other birds on the other side. Two jakes with tiny beards. All birds circled around well out of range and disappeared. I could still hear gobbling in the distant field. Then all was quiet until the John Deeres started up. The neighbor, who never plowed the field since we moved here, decided to plow the field. Turkey hunting was over for the day.....