Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Gobbling hard in MD this morning >

Gobbling hard in MD this morning

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbling hard in MD this morning

Old 04-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gobbling hard in MD this morning

I went out this morning on some National Park Service land that is closed to hunting, but open to hiking, photography and video. I decided that since the season wasn't in yet, videoing some birds would be the next best thing. Since the area is closed to hunting, I figured I wouldn't be educating the birds by calling them in before the season. Man, what a morning it was!! By 9:00A, I had captured 3 longbeards on video. All were within 50 yards. All together, I heard at least 4 birds on the roost and had two come in in full strut and one came in silent after the first two left. What makes this even sweeter is that I called them in with a slate call I made myself. If anyone knows how to post a picture, I'd like to post a couple of pics of my calls, but I can't seem to get the pictures to post.

8 days until the MD opener!!!

Slice
Old 04-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gobbling hard in MD this morning

SD were do you hunt in Md? That is how birds act on unpressured property. Hell you can call them in with your natural voice
Old 04-11-2004, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Gobbling hard in MD this morning

Longbeard,

I hunt in Washington County, Alleghany and Garrett. I grew up in Washington County, so I have some family with land there that I hunt.

For the first day, my friends and I are hunting in Green Ridge State Forest.

And I just got onto a 3300 acre hunt club in Garrett County not far off of Rt. 50.

As far as being able to call in birds with my voice, I called in two birds for guys last year on pressured property using my voice.

Good luck this season!!!

Slice