Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How Long Is Your Season?? >

How Long Is Your Season??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How Long Is Your Season??

Old 04-10-2004, 05:16 PM

Default How Long Is Your Season??

Here in Alabama it seems we are very fortunate in our seasons. Ours comes in March 15th and runs to the end of April. I dont know what the limit is on turkeys as I kill as many as I can.

Old 04-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Long Is Your Season??

O-O , now you got BB ticked off, on these forums you need to watch what you say, thinking and typing is one thing but typing out everything your thinking is another. I surely hope you mean the 4 or 5 bird limit that AL has.

This is a place for learing , and when you try to guide people , tips and tricks should be to the book. Now I've read some of your responds on the forum and have noticed that you do like to talk, and I believe BB has taken the same opinion here aswell , now you left a hole in one and its time to take what some will end up giving.... OK BB Pour it to him ! ...BT
Old 04-11-2004, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

CallWithLegacy,

You want to explain what you wrote?

dog1
Old 04-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with dog1 and the others of course....this is not the type of behavior that we want anything to do with....It starts with Ethics…without ethics, man can be a licensed hunter and still be a poor sportsman…. The ethical hunter knows both the limits of their equipment and their shooting ability and always tries for a quick, clean harvest. In addition , the ethical hunter obeys all laws written and unwritten when hunting.
The ethical hunter treats game with respect before and after the shot ,we take pride in hunting and being hunters we always hunt in such a way that neither us or the game are shamed…
The ethical hunter will make every possible effort to help find lost game and will even abandon their own hunt to help others recover lost game……
We never take more than our legal limit of game ( bag limits made their first appearance in Iowa in 1878 and , by the end of the first century , 13 states had limited the amount of game that could be legally taken. Over the next 10 years , HUNTERS in 23 more states REQUESTED this approach to wildlife conservation) , but more importantly we never take more than what we can use….

this is has just hit a nerve...i really hope you were jokin', tryin' to get some feathers rialed up isn't cool....by the way my season opened march20, ends april 25......2 bird limit
Old 04-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Right on the mark huntnma.

Our season opened Mar 20th and closes on May 15th. 3 Gobbler limit and no fall season.

dog1
Old 04-11-2004, 07:49 AM

OUrs' is Apr. 15th to Mat 15th, with a youth hunt the weekend before opening day... 3 bird limit with limitations, we can bag 2 either Merriams or Rio's but the third has to be an Eastern( not many and hard to find) But we also have a raffle where the winner(s) get three addtional tags and an extra 4 weeks to hunt. But the catch is with the three addiontal tags you still have to use one of those on an eastern.

Calls, thos kind of statements aren't appreciated around here, if you beleive what you say, you in my book aren't a hunter, but a poacher[:@]
Old 04-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure hope what you meant is that you haven't been able to limit out yet! Otherwise, I won't be responding to any more of your posts either.

We are waiting for your response.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-11-2004, 05:15 PM

You are the kind of guy I wouldn't want to be around. You need to respect the limit. You could get caught and go to jail. What if they forget the limit on your jail time and put you in there as long as they can? Think about that.