Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long is your bow season >

How long is your bow season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long is your bow season

Old 08-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default How long is your bow season

Whats your season like? To my surprize the state of CT is quite liberal with season length. How do we compare with your state?

The season starts 9/15 and can run through 1/31 depending on the zone. In my zone I can only hunt till the end of December. Bag limits are 4 deer with additional 2 tags for certain areas. I'd think you folks in the deep south have the longest seasons?
Old 08-09-2004, 11:37 AM

Default RE: How long is your bow season

My early season opens on September 11, 2004 and runs thru mid December. I believe it ends on the 16th but I'd have to double check.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:52 AM

I live in the Central Region of NC and the season is from Sept. 11th thru Jan. 1st. That includes Bow, Muzzleloader, and Gun. In this region you can take a total of 6 deer (4 bucks and 2 does).
Old 08-09-2004, 11:57 AM

Here in NJ our season begins in early September (11th?) and runs thru until the end of October. Then permit bow season starts end of October and runs thru to almost December. Winter bow season goes from January 1st until mid February. Factor is that in middle/late November permit shotgun comes into play along with the statewide shotgun buck season and then all of January and part of February is permit shotgun. So, I never counted the total days, but I cannot wait until I retire so that I can hunt 6 days a week from Sept until February!!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ours is horrible. 6 weeks starting around the beginning of Oct. no sundays. Then it goes out and comes back in after Xmas for 2 weeks.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

our starts oct. 1st, and goes untill regions that have shotgun and stops for those weeks or week, and then it continues till jan 11th or so. and there is no limit to residents. we only get two antlered tags and last year was unlimited doe tags.. although i didnt use those!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:08 PM

In Louisiana our bow season starts Oct1st for most of the state and runs to Jan31st . 6 deer per season, archey is either sex, untill firearm starts then archers must conform to fiream rules , Limit 1 deer per day except on private land where the limit is 1 antlerd 1 antlerless....and yes I am not to proud to partake of the does once in a while to put in the freezer.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

october 2nd------january31st. 3special deer permits, and 3urban doe tags, in certain counties.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:14 PM

122 days I believe.

We can archery hunt from October 1 - January 31.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:23 PM

Ours opens Sept. 15, closes for 10 days during rifle season,re-opens and closes Jan. 15.

Quick Reply: How long is your bow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.