Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 New Bow Holder for Turkey >

New Bow Holder for Turkey

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New Bow Holder for Turkey

Old 03-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Bow Holder for Turkey

I received the Stealth Bow Holder from Stealth Archery yesterday, For you hunters that bowhunt for turkey, I think that you might like this holder as much as I do. With the good eye sight of a turkey, the holder will have your bow ready to use with minimal movement. I tried it in the yard and it works great. I ordered mine off of the Stealth Archery website. Check it out. I am glad that I did.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:45 PM

Default RE: New Bow Holder for Turkey

Wait till it starts swivling,and dumps your bow a few time's,and see if you still like it? I own one,and do not use it anymore.Lent it to a friend ,and i hope he forgets to bring it back! Go with a Double Bull one,much better IMO. Good Luck this Season.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:59 PM

I also recently received one in the mail. I think it is great. I have not had any problems with it, only good things. I have yet to use it on the real thing, but in my yard target practicing it works great. I would reccomend this product to anyone.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:09 AM

I've got one also. It works very good unlees your in a high wind area. like open fields. it does make the swivel and shake. they need to add another leg on the shaft to help make it more stable. but in wooded areas where the winds are not so bad it does work well.
good luck !!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

If you are having a problem with this bowholder swiveling......then you probably dont have it shoved into the ground far enough!Use the "toe" of your boot and gently step on the "Z" on the bottom shaft and completely sink it into the ground!Iv been using a prototype of this bowholder going on 3 years now with out a failure.You can see from my picture the "Big Tom" that snuck in on me last year didnt see me or my bow sitting in the Stealth bowholder as he strutted up to the hen decoy.....I slipped the bow into my hands and zipped an arrow thru him!
"Most"(not all) guys these days, are hunting turkey from a blind and any movement goes undetected,.....also,if it is so windy that your bow is being blown around while sitting in the bowholder.......calling turkeys is "Pretty Tough"!!!!!
I will admit this bowholder is not as ridged as the DB holder(it will flex under the weight of the bow)......but then it was not designed to be.......it was designed to be light and easy to pack......something you could pack along on a back country elk hunt or be able to slip it in your leg pocket and haul all your decoys,calls, blind, chair and all that other "stuff" we think we need to pack along with out worrying about where to put a big cumbersome bowholder!LOL In testing we tied 2 bows together and placed them in the bowholder,it IS strong enough to support two bows at one time!
www.stealtharchery.com