Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Who uses an arrow holder... >

Who uses an arrow holder...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who uses an arrow holder...

Old 07-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who uses an arrow holder...

...that is not an intregal part of the rest?

Tell me all about it, please
Old 07-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who uses an arrow holder...

I use the one that came with my NAP Quicktune 4000. What can I cay . . . it doesn' t look like much but it works and that is good enough for me.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used and made a few different kinds.

My favorite was a rubber band setup, similar the the one offered on Bodoodle rests. I just made my own bracket that fit on the back of the riser. It worked great, until one rainy day, with a nice buck in range, the rubber band did not " pop" like it was supposed to, but slid along the shaft without releasing. I wasn' t able to release it in time, and wouldn' t risk a shot the way things were.

GKF and NAP make good ones to use with their rests.

I have switched to the much maligned " Whacking Basket" [&:] now, and I don' t need an arrow holder any more.[:-][&:]
Old 07-11-2003, 07:29 AM

My buddy uses a real cool one. It is an upside down modified tm type prong rest mounted from the sight holes. A cord is atached to it an the cables - like a drop away. When he loads his arrow on his " regular" tm rest he simply swings the to overhanging prongs to press into the top of the arrow - thus sandwitching the arrow between the two rests - it' s not going anywhere.
When he draws back - the holder swings up and out of the way in the last few inches.

I can take some pics if you like
Old 07-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the one I' m looking at-

http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/fastflip.asp

It mounts on the arrow side of the riser, so I' m worried/wondering if it will interfere with my sight picture...

I' ll have to " Imaginate" the next time I' m shooting, maybe stick a pencil or something in the riser to simulate it
Old 07-11-2003, 04:20 PM

I had that same one on my Champion before I sold it. Worked great. My brother has it now and it' s still on there. I could never get it to flip up on the draw so I flipped it around so it flipped forward on the release and it worked fine. Held the arrow in there just enough. That' s the only way I' d use a prong again even in a drop away...I got spoiled I guess
Old 07-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one just like it years ago that could be mounted to operate either way--on the draw or the release. In order to work properly though, your rest must be fairly rigid. Any " sponginess" in the rest can result in it releasing prematurely negating it' s worthiness.