Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

missouri turkeys

Old 03-03-2004, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: missouri turkeys

The western side of Douglas may not be as bad but the eastern side that is close to West Plains has some hunting pressure.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:46 AM

I usually hunt around the Squires area because that is where my mom lives and that area absolutley stinks.

toms. I'm not real familiar with the area you talking about. I haven't been down in there for many years. Is it public land? And (I hate to ask this) can you be a little more specific to the location?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:30 AM

yeah, this is public ground. I don't know if it is fed. or state, though. I don't want to get too specific or you'll have 1000 hunters in your lap opening day, but you should be able to find the area from the directions I posted earlier. I drive through this area quite often and usually see turkeys, but as season gets closer, road hunters will be pushing them back into the woods(shame, huh?). As most road hunters are too lazy walk, you should be in pretty good shape if you get off the road some.