Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Off subject a little bit but this technology will >

Off subject a little bit but this technology will

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Off subject a little bit but this technology will

Old 02-10-2002, 08:59 PM

Default Off subject a little bit but this technology will

I saw this on Remington's website..it sounds awesome! It's a new firing technology. Unfortunately it's a little pricey, well it's a lot pricey. But, what a great concept, once they become more common the price will come down. If you want to check it out here's the link:

http://www.remington.com/firearms/ce.../700etronx.htm

My wife's best friend's hubby works @ Remington's R & D dept. Maybe he can give me some info on field reliablity.

When I was in the army, some of our equipment used 9 volt batteries and it worked fine under some pretty extreme conditions. You just had to make sure you had some spares with you, especially when it was cold.

Brian

One Shot....One Kill
Old 02-11-2002, 04:18 AM

Default RE: Off subject a little bit but this technology will

I am no gun expert by far, but I am not so sure about this type of technology for the firearms industry. Number one, is it really needed? I can't see the reasoning behind the fact that the difference between a firing pin "click" and a small electric charge setting off a round can improve your accuracy that much. How many people actually hear or even think about the lost time between the pulling the trigger and the firing pin stricking the primer. If you pull on the trigger hard enough to yank the firearm out of its intended aiming point that much, then you should consult a local firing range pro about form or have the trigger pull reduced by a qualified gunsmith. This type of technology may be usefull for professional sharpshooters, special forces of the military, swat teams ect., but I don't think the average hunter needs to be pulled into thinking that this will improve his/her accuracy so much, that they need to spend the extra money on it. The last thing I need to think about when a trophy of a lifetime (or just even for that year)is standing in front of me, is whether or not my battery has enough charge to set the round off. I'm sure I will be thinking about enough things besides this. I'm a old fashioned minded outdoorsman for a fairly young man, and I am all for improving technology for improving the sport of shooting, but I think there are limits to this also.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Off subject a little bit but this technology will

if it goes bad it cost big bucks to fix ???