Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HIT Technology

Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Spike

Default HIT Technology

I was wondering if the HIT really makes that big of a difference in broadhead flight.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HIT Technology

My heads fly well out of my FMJ arrows, which have the hidden insert. I guess I can't say if it is the insert or the head though, as I shoot Slick Tricks, and they shoot well anyway. Sorry for the non-answer!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:04 PM

I haven't seen any better broadhead alignment with the HIT system and NAP heads but my girlfriend's G5 heads did seem to fit tighter and align better. I'm not sold on the HIT as being anything other than a marketing gimmick. I have it because I wanted A/C shafts with more mass than the standard A/C/C and the Superslim shafts happened to come with it.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Same here as KodiakArcher. I can't tell that the HIT system is any more accurate than regular inserts but that is how my A/C Superslims are made.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I haven't noticed them being any more accurate either? A well tuned bow will do much more for broadhead accuracy than the insert.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest the HIT system has nothing whatsoever to do with broadhead flight.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Spike

fisher then what is the reasoning for it. I thought it was for better alignment in the arrow?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I cannot see how it can influence broadhead flight. I do know that it is a stronger system without a doubt than the nomal system that allows the insert to seat onto the end of the shaft.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The HIT system is nothing more than a recessed insert. Regardless of the type of insert (regular or HIT) broadhead alignment is greatly influenced by how tight the tolerances are and how well the insert fits into the shaft. Also, and often overlooked is how square the shaft is cut or the regular insert is machined on it's end.

I personally like to ascribe to the idea that it does little goodto cut the shaft straight or otherwise machine it to align inserts if the shaft itself is not as straight as practicable. It does little good to align an insert to a shaft that wobbles in the first place.

Basically the HIT system is a new idea and bowhunters just love new ideas. They buy into any hype that can come down the road. I'm not saying that the HIT system isn't any good, but it's really no better than what we've been using for about 3 decades.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I know is the axis shafts are the best cabon shafts Ive ever shot , wether the inserts have anything to do with it , I dont know , but Ive yet to shoot the spine out of one , something that past carbon shafts have done faily quick for me .