Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

KENTUCKY ON HORSEBACK??

Old 01-20-2004, 03:03 AM

Default KENTUCKY ON HORSEBACK??

I'm planning a spring Turkey trip soon, and was wondering where the best place to go and stay with horses is. I need a primitive camp with room for two rigs with good trails and birds nearby. We will be hunting Harrison County in IN for the opener, and would like to be fairly close to there for the KY opener. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: KENTUCKY ON HORSEBACK??

I'm not sure of the regs , but the Danniel Boone Forest has lots of area to move around and House back would be a great way to get back in. Lots of birds in that area aswell...BT
Old 01-21-2004, 09:06 PM

I am not sure if there is a place for horses but ohio county in north and slightly western kentucky has a lot of birds usually among the top number of kills every year. Where is Harrisson county located at in Indiana. Sounds like a good plan if you can make it work. Do you actually hunt off horseback or do you hunt and then go riding in the afternoons? CAN I GO!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:42 PM

Ohio county sounds good if I can find a horse camp somewhere. Harrison county is across the river and west of Louisville. SADDLE UP AND COME ON!