Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

This is SOOO Sweet!

Old 01-17-2004, 07:08 PM
VP

Default This is SOOO Sweet!

Made the last afternoon of Bow season today for me, but it was by far the BEST-
About 4:15 this evening, I'm sitting in my climber about 40ft up a white oak, it had just stopped raining about 45 minutes before that and all I could hear was water dropping off the trees and thunder in the distance- I'm looking off to my right when I hear something behind me and to the left making a whinning noise- I slowly turn not sure exactly what I'm fixen to encounter and guess what- It's about 25 hens making their way along the bottom- I watched them for about 4-5 minutes move along side of my stand and get about 30 yds out in front of me- ( very little vocalization from them) Soooo, you know what a turkey hunter does I started doing some light yelping wiht my mouth and got them all stirred up I started purring and clucking and man, this one hen got plum balistic with me, started making the lost call and doing some cutting and running around like a chicken with her head cut off- After about 10 minutes and my throat killing me they got a little bored with me and slowly fed off down the bottom-
As they say- It dont get NO better then That my Friend...............
Old 01-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This is SOOO Sweet!

Very [8D]...
Old 01-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way coolWhen I'm huntin deer,if turkey show up I tend to forget about the deer.Like you I can't resist playin with the turkeys
Old 01-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

That must of been an awesome sight to see!!