Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkey calls

Old 01-17-2004, 10:33 AM

Default turkey calls

guess all you turkey hunters know there is many many turkey calls out there.
some good and some bad,but do you think companies and call makers will run out of ideas on making turkey calls.i see each year they try something new and its getting to a point that a custom call is getting better results than those mass produced calls. what is your thoughts on this .
Old 01-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: turkey calls

I think at some point they will run out of ideas New ones that is. I think they will have to start going back and revamping thier old ones to try make a better call, but that is just my opinion. I think at some point in time they all have thier place. I have tweeked some of my calls to make them better but usually fall back to the OLE faithfull one.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:45 AM

I suppose as long as there is turkey hunting there will always be someone who comes up with something new and different. I sort of lean towards the custom made or higher end calls here lately but there is nothing wrong with most off the shelf calls at the sporting goods store either. They will all call in turkeys in the right hands.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

turkey huntings getting popular...i think they will keep coming up with gizmos every year....and im the generation that should use them gizmos...im 16 and the new generation of hunters.....that stuffs not for me....im into making my own stuff or using custom calls....they sound alot better and look 100 times better.....i like to put my calls on a shelf in the off season so i can use them when im bored and practice and becuase i made alot of them and the look so dang good....sure all that plastic stuff might work...but it doesnt sound and look as swet as my wood....all i use is slate glass and box calls....wait...i carry a plastic crow call....thats about the only thing i carry i didnt make or isnt custom....mass produced calls just dont sing like customs to me...but i pay more........but i think they will always come up with something new....