Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Found a good calling website >

Found a good calling website

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Found a good calling website

Old 01-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Found a good calling website

If you want to know how to use a mouth call, this is a good site, includes audio and techniques. http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/...ling-learn.htm
Old 01-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Found a good calling website

thanks for the link, i listened to the one page and it said:To Whine, simply exhale air while holding tight tongue pressure, then drop your tongue away from the reed(s).

i heard what it sounded like, but when does the turkey whine, i have never heard of it...when would you use it when calling....
Old 01-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Huntinma,

The whine is prevalent only among female turkeys when they want to go shopping. If the whine is unsuccessful, they usually revert to the purr.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you kindly.....i plan on doing alot of sitting in the woods listening to the turkeys in my area...watching them too...season isn t but 2 months away and i'm hunting opening morning.....
another question , do any of ya'll actually use this when calling? i'm content clucking and purring...yelping once in awhile.....but i'm interested .....
Old 01-04-2004, 03:34 PM

Hi'ya Huntnma I whine a little on a call when doing some soft talk. Then usally follow it up with some purrs and soft clucks.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

thank you thank you..........i need to get busy and learn more about my calling.....
Old 01-04-2004, 09:42 PM

thanx for tha site thats a real good all around site for gettin good tips and stuff like that id recomend the site to anyone[:-]
Old 01-05-2004, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntnma

thanks for the link, i listened to the one page and it said:To Whine, simply exhale air while holding tight tongue pressure, then drop your tongue away from the reed(s).

i heard what it sounded like, but when does the turkey whine, i have never heard of it...when would you use it when calling....
The Whine is like a pleading call when feeding ( That they would like to join another eating)
This call I have tried a number of times while hunting and don't really get any kind of responds from birds as like others. Because the call is associated with purring and clucking that is more of a (Spacing) call while feeding. I believe they birds respond more to it. presured birds tend to respond better to the Purring/Clucking.

Another call that runs in the catagory of the Whine is the Dew-wits. This is another call that seems not to get the responds as the others.(excitement that food is found) seems to be the answer to this call...BT
Old 01-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW,Adrian I finally found somethin we disagree on.I've had luck usin a whine followed by yelpin,runnin it all into one call,Also the Dew-Wit call.I don't use them all the time but have actually gotten answers when nothin else was workin.After that initial gobble the birds seemed to become workable.Like any other type of callin these don't always work but I have had them work on occasion.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only time I use either of these two calls when i'm dealing with a flock situation targeting the hens and not the gobbler!Obviously the hens will lead him in and the idea is to get those ladies interested in me.I primarily use this call in tight situations with some leaf scratching.Like BT I dont get many responses as far as a gobble but thats not primarily what I'm targeting using this particular part of their vocabulary, but I have worked hens into a frenzy and been surrounded by a flock alot more than once as a result of it!

Quick Reply: Found a good calling website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.