Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

supplemental feeding

Old 12-08-2003, 10:29 AM

Default supplemental feeding

The acorn crop on our lease was real bad this year so I want to put up a couple of automatic tripod feeders to hopefully hold the turkeys on our property and give them a little more to eat over the winter. Questions -
we have some small food plots of clover. Should i set up the feeders (corn) there or in the woods in other areas I know they use? Once the birds are going to the feeders will they continue to use that area once I have to take the feeders down 10 days prior to opening day or will they immediately change once the feeders are gone? Should I mix any type of other supplement in with the corn? Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: supplemental feeding

I would say to set them on your plots. Corn is the main feed for the feeders, another seed that turkeys love is Millet , but it is so small I'm not sure if it would run out the bottom of the feeder. Make sure dampness can not get into the barrel of the feeder as this can start molding in the corn that will be harmfull to the turkey flock....BT