Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
2015 Head Stomping Has Started ! >

2015 Head Stomping Has Started !

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

2015 Head Stomping Has Started !

Old 05-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by turkey harvester
I'll have to disagree with that statement, Iv'e heard several. I would say everyone or almost everyone has respect for the animal they hunt but is it really up to you to tell them that they are wrong? I know its just your 2 cents but sometimes on here people rag tag about every little thing that happens. Thats just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. I really don't care.
Disagree with it all you want , but IMHO you are wrong! There have been 225 views of this thread and there has not been one single "attaboy" yet telling the OP he got a nice bird and congratulating him. That tells me that the three of us who have told the OP it was in poor taste to put up a heading and picture like that are right on because any other time a decent picture of a turkey or animal is posted on this site all kinds of members make posts giving them congratulations. It appears that many are just looking and passing this thread by because of apathy and not wanting to speak out about it. IMHO the OP and anyone who agrees with him need to learn respect for the game we hunt and for the sport itself because it can easily go away with one vote of the populace. Things like this certainly don't cast hunting in a good light with the fence sitters who might possibly vote our sport out of existence if given the chance. It is already happening a little bit at a time when hunting issues are put on the ballot. You know it and I know it and it will not get any better when stuff like this is posted as to appear like this is the common attitude of all of us hunters. It just makes it appear as if there is no respect for the game or sport that we love so dearly and the retorts of the OP are really hard to stomach! I'm very surprised that a Mod hasn't stepped in to deep six the entire thread because if the title and picture the OP put up aren't a violation of rules #4 & #6 of this website I don't know what is!!! Maybe they are all out turkey hunting and aren't reading this thread! I just got in from a morning hunt and got skunked again myself.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-04-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Hey turkey harvester thanks but don't worry about it I put very little credence in anything these two bullies say as they are mostly full of it. They also like to make up statements to justify their stance ! I thought I was done with this but can't really leave these two with the last word that they always seem to want. Hey next time don't look at my post and keep your opinion on me someone you don't know to yourself I feel the same way about you but keep it to myself usually because my mother told me if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything. I have probably the best hunting ethics of any hunter you will ever come across but I use them in the field not an internet site where I can pretend to be better and have higher standards than anyone else and try to put my ethics choice or opinion as the only option. And don't ever tell me again what pics I should or shouldn't post I care nothing for your opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody is bullying anyone or trying to run anyone off this site for cripes sake! All we're telling you is that your heading and picture suck and do nothing positive for ethical hunters and we'll keep telling you that. You never did answer why you just couldn't put up that one beautiful picture that I finally did honoring that bird instead of what you did to make a mockery of hunting. Put another distasteful one up and I'm sure more will tell you the same thing! Incidentally, you're now up to 300 views and have one "attaboy"! Congrats, LOL! Try for 600 and you may just get a second one by the same member! I'll let numbers speak and not listen to any more of your baloney as IMHO you obviously have no idea why we're upset and you're just continuing to make a fool of yourself on this thread! I'm done here, as it's obvious we're talking to a wall and wasting our time when you can't see the forest for the trees.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-04-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Spelling