Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Win new turkey loads

Old 01-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Win new turkey loads

Just took a shot at 40 yards with my Remington 870 SM with one of the new turkey loads from winchester... 3.5" #5's and I'll say right now there the best patterning lead turkey loads I have ever pattern out of my gun!!!

Got right at 20 hits in the vitals( skull/neck vertebra) on a Primos turkey target

This info might not be worth a crap to most of you guys because the pattern wasn't shot at a 10" circle... Sorry

But I'm sold!!! Just ordered another box

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 01-13-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. I'm on the fence about buying some. I have been using the Magblend for the past two seasons.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I doubt it will pattern better than the shells your shooting but if your wanting to save a couple bucks and don't mind shooting lead turkey loads then there definetly the way to go!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

What brand of choke tube and what size restriction? Seen those shells and may try them myself this spring.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 AM
JW
Super Moderator

That's good how does it do at various other yards and what is your max distance?

Patterns do vary from 10 to 40. I have seen it with a few loads especially Duplex loads as at one range you have a Hole in your pattern. Hey Just askin....

me I use Winchester Supreme and bought quite a few boxes. 10 in a box equals 10 birds so it will be a while before I redo......

However I am in need of another dedicated gun and am thinking of dropping to a 20. They make them in 20? Need to do a search

JW
JW
Old 01-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I shot them threw a kicks gt .665... I only shot at 40 yards... I've patterned a lot of shells and I know 5 yards makes a big difference... But I'm confident they will kill at 45-50 yards... Once the weather breaks I'm going to shoot 20 and 50 yards... They did seem to pattern a little high...
Old 01-30-2014, 04:14 PM
car
Typical Buck

I'm going to pick up a box next week and try them out. They look impressive!
Old 01-30-2014, 04:23 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Thanks LB - I am interested at the closer ranges. I did a bit of a search and am interested and they even seem to have a 20 ga load.

Lately I place a stick in the ground at a given range - if I can't said bird to point to stick at point A - it walks. Makes it way more fun and way more frustrating. But the kill is of little importance.

And that is just me.....
JW
Old 01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Thanks LB - I am interested at the closer ranges. I did a bit of a search and am interested and they even seem to have a 20 ga load.

Lately I place a stick in the ground at a given range - if I can't said bird to point to stick at point A - it walks. Makes it way more fun and way more frustrating. But the kill is of little importance.

And that is just me.....
JW

Im not quite there just yet lol... I will be taking Prozac by 1st week in may if I haven't went up side a gobblers head

Have you ever tried taking a gobbler with a bow yet??? Sounds like your ready
Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

GT suggests a .665 restriction for #5's and a .670 for #4's. Was thinking of trying #4's this time around, and those patterns they showed were done by using #4's. Pretty excited about this season!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.