Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Missouri hunting

Old 01-30-2002, 10:44 PM

Default Missouri hunting

Hey guys. I'm new to this site. See some of you are from Missouri. Am thinking of trying a hunt in the Ozark region. Would appreciate any words of wisdom.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:00 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-31-2002, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Missouri hunting

it would be a good idea to hunt in the Mark Twain Nat'l forest, there is good hunting there. And there is also good hunting at conservation places here in southeast missouri. But whatever suits ya.
Old 02-02-2002, 10:28 AM

Mark Twain is a great place to hunt. Also check with the Missouri Department of Conservation to get all the public places to hunt. Good luck this spring!
Old 02-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

bamaboy, the turkey hunting is great here in the Ozarks, I live in southern Mo. near Alton. Check out some of the hunting in the Irish wilderness, in Oregon county. Pretty rough and steep but excellent turkey hunting.

Here is a link to the Mo. Dept.of Conservation.

http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/hunt/turkey/
Old 02-03-2002, 09:04 PM

Thanks for all the replys. I was thinking about the Mark Twain forest north of Poplar and West Plains. Can I get more info on the Irish wilderness area? Are there campgrounds close? Which week would ya'll suggest?
Old 02-04-2002, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bama, I live about 30 miles east of West Plains not far from the Irish Wilderness, It has great turkey hunting but alot of it is walk-in only, you can get maps and info from the Mo. dept. of conservation. The 1st. week is the best hunting, before they get fooled with very much, but you can only take 1 gobbler the first week. I prefer the 2 nd. week, you can take 2 gobblers that week, but just one a day. We have a good turkey population and should have a great spring season, there was alot of jakes last year and a good hatch the last couple of years, check out the site I posted above it will give you some more info on the spring season. I hope you have a great Mo. hunt.