Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Best merriams hunting

Old 09-24-2003, 08:49 PM

Default Best merriams hunting

Can anyone help me on finding the best place to hunt merriams?I don' t know if I should try the black hills in SD or nebraska,wyoming or maybe colorado.I think they are the most beautiful bird to hunt and would love to get one mounted.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-27-2003, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best merriams hunting

I' ve hunted in most of them places , but have to say there is no place like them BlackHills. Planning your trip is the first thing to do and set your mind on one place. Then gather as much info on the area as you can. Hunting the Hills is better in the 3rd week of April , as snow is likely and can turn the trip into a stand still. presure has not been to bad as I seen it, and came back with birds evry trip. The Custard area is a good start...BT
Old 09-29-2003, 09:49 AM

Are you looking for a spring or fall hunt? WA has a HUGE population of merriams on the eastern side. Most people who hunt turkey here talk about Kettle Falls as the place (actually, all up and down that area is packed with birds)... Not only that, if you bag your bird early, you can head over to central WA (Just outside Dayton along the Tucannon) and bag a rio... if that goes well, head to the western side and try to finish up with an eastern (tough to find and hunt, but definately out there). For more information WA Turkey Hunting
Old 10-02-2003, 08:19 PM

Hey WANWTF, You are giving away all my spots.....LOL>>> There are a great # of birds here in Wa. But expect to pay a little for em... WANWTF whats up with the home page?
Old 10-03-2003, 08:10 AM

Too True ChasinTom, even resident licenses here are getting spendy... What do you mean, " whats up with the home page?" ?
Old 10-03-2003, 11:55 PM

Didnt you run the message board for south sound longbeards or something like that? The board was updated and now I cant find it.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:48 AM

Oh... Yeah... The State NWTF chapter wanted the URL so I gave wanwtf.org to them. Our new address is http://www.tacomanwtf.org - it loads faster now, but you will need to re-sign up for the forum, as the data base ended up being corrupted in the rebuild.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Spike

There is no doubt that the Black Hills of SD is very popular place to hunt Merriam' s. The problem, in my opinion, is the number of hunters there. Very few people know about eastern Montana and how the population of Merriam' s has expolded here. The best thing about the hunting eastern Montana is supply and demand, the pressure is low, and so are the prices. ShawneeHunter didn' t ask where the most hunters go, he ask where the best hunting is. In my opinion it' s right here at home.