Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
indian creek choke black diamond >

indian creek choke black diamond

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

indian creek choke black diamond

Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Spike

If that's all you got in a pattern at 30 yards, maybe you should check the gun. My results with the IC choke have been outstanding. Wish I could post a pic of my 30 yard pattern to prove it but with the IC choke and hevi-shot #6, I have found what I was looking for. Nothing I've ever tested even comes close.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WVDanimal
If that's all you got in a pattern at 30 yards, maybe you should check the gun. My results with the IC choke have been outstanding. Wish I could post a pic of my 30 yard pattern to prove it but with the IC choke and hevi-shot #6, I have found what I was looking for. Nothing I've ever tested even comes close.
I was at the range one day and a guy was shooting and SX3 I believe and Hevi-13 6's out of a Indian Creek choke. It was an out standing pattern at 40yds.

Last edited by Brad C.; 05-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kdsberman
Kinda off subject here, but just a warning on that lead sled..I've read somewhere that using that much weight with a synthetic stock gun and that amount of recoil some have cracked their stocks because of the butt of the gun having nothing to "push". I use a lead sled with my 835 but dont use any weight at all and it works fine. Just a heads up.

Sorry about your luck with that choke. I was gonna try one for my 835 next year too.
I will put one bag of shot in my led sled only this give the sled the ability to still give while absorbing 80% of the recoil.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

All guns are an entity unto themselves. There is no such thing as a choke and shell combo that is "GUARANTEED" to shoot well out of any gun. I have always had to try numerous combinations to find what an individual gun liked best.

That said Indian Creek Chokes are as good as any out there. I never had any trouble finding a turkey shell that patterned well out of them. You tried 1 type shell through it from your gun and ran to the internet to proclaim that all Indian Creek chokes suck. Seriously?

You could at least try hevi-13 number 6's or 7's through it before you get all suicidal.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Well said Todd.

I will admit that Indian Creek BDS chokes seem to be one of the most consistent chokes to shooting excellent patterns with Hevi-13 loads. I know a lot of other guys here locally and on forums like this that swear by Indian Creek chokes. Plus they are local boys that I like to support.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lou-lou
Just bought a black diamond stick from indian creek shooting systems. After much anticipation i shot it today at the range. Shooting a 935 24in with winchester 3.5 x-tended range # 6's. The person I spoke to at the company stated and promised that with this gun and with these rounds that i would recieve 180-210 pellets in a 10 in circle at 40yards. The constriction was .675 which the company reccommended. After much research I bought one for 74.99. Today's results were very awful!!!! This choke at 40yard provided me with 12 pellets in the head and neck, mine you with was shoot out of a lead sled pro with 50 lbs of weight on it. At first I thought it was me but after 6 more shots the best it performed was 22 pellets in the head and neck. I tried 3in #4's ,5's and 6's also. Never got more than 15 pellets from the 3in rounds. Cannot believe this performed so poorly and am very dissappointed to say the least. Got me a 80 dollar paper weight now. Folks this was disgusting for this choke to produce this way. even at thirty yards shooting at carboard it was bad. Been hunting turkey 20 years and have played with rounds and guns and chokes the whole time. Its the fun part for me trying to find the perfect blend of it all. Stay away from it there are much better chokes out there. Pissed in NY. That's for letting me vent folks.lol
Thanks for sharing your review! I won't lay in to you for not buying 8 different shotguns and using every load on the market before posting. I appreciate your real world unbiased opinion of what u saw first hand.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing your review! I won't lay in to you for not buying 8 different shotguns
No one suggested such a thing. He tried one type shell in his one gun. Yep, you are right that is certainly enough testing to proclaim that Indian Creek chokes suck.

All the thousands of people who get great patterns with them are all wrong. All the NWTF still target competitions that have been dominated for years by Indian Creek Chokes means nothing. All the world records at still target competitions set by Indian Creek chokes means nothing. No sir, one guy on the internet tried one shell through an IC choke in his gun and did not get a great result. That's the data you are going to hang your hat on. LOL!

You sir are a fountain of misinformation and poor judgment. I think God placed you here as a reverse barometer. Not sure about something? Ask bghunter777 and then go with the opposite of what he says. You are a lock to get it right.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Todd1700
No one suggested such a thing. He tried one type shell in his one gun. Yep, you are right that is certainly enough testing to proclaim that Indian Creek chokes suck.

All the thousands of people who get great patterns with them are all wrong. All the NWTF still target competitions that have been dominated for years by Indian Creek Chokes means nothing. All the world records at still target competitions set by Indian Creek chokes means nothing. No sir, one guy on the internet tried one shell through an IC choke in his gun and did not get a great result. That's the data you are going to hang your hat on. LOL!

You sir are a fountain of misinformation and poor judgment. I think God placed you here as a reverse barometer. Not sure about something? Ask bghunter777 and then go with the opposite of what he says. You are a lock to get it right.
I agree completely. Both of these guys need to go turkey hunting together or shoot their guns together to see which one is the biggest turkey.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Brad C.
I agree completely. Both of these guys need to go turkey hunting together or shoot their guns together to see which one is the biggest turkey.
You guys need to come with us so you can show us how superior you are. Lou Lou told us what his choke did with his set up we are all free to read the numerous posts with positive expieriences and conclude our own big boy conclusions. Again we continue to see childish attacks with anyone that doesn't share your opinion. Grow up guys and learn what an open forum is suppose to be. This is an open discussion of personal expierience and opinion not an Indian creek fan boy club I have no dog in the fight I'm sure they work well in your set ups but they didn't in his. I would imagine your tones would change in person its amazing how a computer screen lets people be so ignorant. You may be shocked that I don't do everything or use every product identical to yourself but get it done none the less. There is more than one way to skin a cat and be effective and ethical contrary to your very sheltered views.

Last edited by bghunter777; 05-18-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lou Lou told us what his choke did with his set up we are all free to read the numerous posts with positive experiences and conclude our own big boy conclusions.
Lou Lou came on here and despite claiming to understand that each gun has it's own specific likes and dislikes trash mouthed a product known to be a fine choke just because it didn't yield good patterns with the "ONE" type of shell he tried through it. He allowed no possibility that it could just be that his gun doesn't like that brand of ammo or perhaps he needs to try a different diameter choke or maybe his gun and that choke just aren't a good match for one another. Nope, the whole brand of choke just sucks and is an inferior product that engages in false advertising based on his very limited testing.

Grow up guys and learn what an open forum is suppose to be
And that's what? A place to BS people into thinking it's OK to take 75 yard shots at turkeys with number 5 shot. And I'm the one that needs to grow up? Please.

I would imagine your tones would change in person
Not a bit.

There is more than one way to skin a cat and be effective and ethical contrary to your very sheltered views.
Dear God, the irony. Ethical? Posting about shooting turkeys at 70 yards with number 5 shot on a board that young inexperienced hunters read all the time. That's ethical?

And it's not an arrogant or sheltered view to point out the unfair and really naive nature of Lou Lou's statements. He comes off sounding like one of those guys who buys a pack of broad heads and then comes to the internet to trash mouth them because they don't hit the same place his field tips do. Gee, there is only about 10 reasons why that might be the case which have nothing to do with the quality of the broad head. The same goes for Lou and the IC choke.

I bought a rifle a few years ago. The first ammo I tried through it was Federal Premium. It would only print about a 2 inch group at 100 yards which isn't very impressive. But then I tried some Hornady rounds through it and guess what? It would consistently put 3 shots into about an inch at 100 yards. Which is quite good for a non custom rifle and factory ammo. Does my experience mean that all Federal ammo sucks? Did I hit the internet to proclaim such a thing? No, because I had the common sense to realize that that particular gun just didn't like that particular brand of ammo. Federal premium shells shoot quite well in many peoples rifles including some of mine.

Go to any popular turkey hunting forum and start a thread titled "Indian Creek Chokes Suck". Post it somewhere Like the "Old Gobbler" forums. Use Lou Lou's story word for word as your supporting evidence. You think Brad C and I are being tough on yall? You would be laughed at like you logged onto a science forum and told them the moon was made of green cheese.

Last edited by Todd1700; 05-18-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.