Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

hevi-shot question

Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by allen.riggs
The HeviShot should group very well out of your turkey choke. The shells are a little more than lead, but if you can't call that Tom in close, you'll be glad you spent a few extra bucks!
My turkey choke doesn't allow hevi shot, i already go remington duplex and very glad i did. it patterns really good out of my gun, best pattern so far.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey if your willing to pay 4 bucks per squeeze whats the sense of worrying about the choke cost.That will last a lifetime.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Spike

Keep your eye open next year shortly after waterfowl season closes...most of the bigger stores (Gander, Dicks, ect) will have their waterfowl ammo on sale at that time, and you can usually get hevi for a decent price.
I've patterned hevishot (handloads), and must say that it performs well with standard chokes....some loads actually patterned tighter with more open (modified) chokes than with the full, so the first poster on your thread is right....there is only one way to find out.