Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

It's a great day!!!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's a great day!!!!!

I love turkey hunting.....This weekend was full of adventures as always.
The first morning the bird came in but the hubby couldn't get a shot, then the next morning, we heard him gobble,called, thought he was coming in and then nothing, the hens done took him, so we went after him, never got on him, so we set up where I thought he'd come through and he didn't but a jake did, he passed on the jake and we headed home, then this morning we moved a hair and wouldn't you know it, he gobbled right across from us, so I just did a few soft clucks, a lil tree yelp,he gobbled again... a lil while later the hens started talking so I talked back, then the one flew down and then another,they were all coming in, then I saw him, got the camera out to video and just as I turned it on and focused on a hen, he shot...I wasn't ready, lol.....but I got the bang and the afterwards on camera, lol.It was his first longbeard...it was such a great feeling to be a part of his first turkey ever and now his first longbeard . Don't ya love it when all the hard work pays off ?!!!!, I busted my butt trying to find me a bird and him one too...the game plan was to get him his and then go after mine, but his took more time to get than I thought and now the hunts are over...My bird will hopefully be there next year.
What makes this the best bird ever is because I was told that everyone online thinks I am a selfish hunter the other day and it really hurt my feelings because for years now I have busted my butt to help out my fellow hunters , either get them birds or at least point them in the right direction,whatever I could do and once again...there's proof on the ground,showing the whole world once again how UNSELFISH i really am ... so to all that think I'm selfish...I think once again my actions speak loudly when it comes to the type of hunter I really am !!!
15.6 lbs
9 3/4'' beard
3/4'' spurs
His primary wing feathers were almost black, very little white banding, which makes it extra cool :mrgreen:

Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Spike

Congratulations and a great story.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job you guys! It is a great feeling to get that first Turkey just like that first deer,and to top it off you guys got to do it together. I hope the next one will be at rest real soon,good hunting to ya the rest of the year.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go huntnma! Keep it up, and keep doing what you're doing. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and snipe at folks. It's harder to go out there and do it.

Good luck to you this spring. I wanna see a pic of you and a big longbeard you busted this season.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

First of all I don't think you're selfish at all. Im the same way... I'd been after a bird for about 3 years now, always in the same area but never when Im there. Last year he let me get 2 shots off with a bow but I missed. (I left my release in the truck and had to shoot fingers) This year I patterned him to the milisecond. Anyhow I told a buddy my plans to hunt him this year and that he was my sure kill. However that same "buddy" swore up and down about his spot and had sooo many birds and that I should hunt there... To make a long story short there were a lot of birds but they were all so skittish and even took off at the sight of my deeks. Next thing you know I get a call from him.... Hey man I got me a bird... I ask where... he said, You're spot, the one you told me about