Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Fiocchi Turkey loads any good? >

Fiocchi Turkey loads any good?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fiocchi Turkey loads any good?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Spike

Fiocchi patterned terrible in my 11-87.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have used Fiocchi® Golden Pheasant® loads for years when hunting pheasants and grouse. In that role, (Upland hunting) they performed superbly. I tried the Golden Turkey, aka Turkey Thunder, and they patterned terribly! I was using my Mossberg® Mdl 500A 12ga 3" Mag pump gun. Chokes were Carlsons® Extended Extra Full (.665") and Super Full (.660"). At 30 yds they were splotchy and uneven. Totally worthless IMHO.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

If quail, dove or waterfowl hunting, I might use a cheaper load. When it comes to turkey hunting where one shot is all you hope to get I'm not gonna go the cheap route.

I used the Hevi Magnum blend last year and it shot really well. If you don't want to spend too much maybe you can find a dealer that sells individual shells to pattern with. There is a dealer near us that does this and it allows me to pattern without having to purchase a full box. If they don't do this you should ask.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

WINCHESTER hands down... Just wasting your time with anything else unless you go the Hevi shot route JMHO...