Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Fiocchi Turkey loads any good? >

Fiocchi Turkey loads any good?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fiocchi Turkey loads any good?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default Fiocchi Turkey loads any good?

Hey everyone, I've been looking at the Fiocchi Golden Turkey loads in 3 1/2" for this upcoming turkey season. I also looked at the Federal Mag Shok Flitecontrol shells in 3 1/2" and was intrigued. Both of these loads would pack #5 pellets. Has anyone had any experience with either of these loads and give an opinion on which I should buy for this turkey season? If it makes any difference I will be using a Benelli Nova 12ga. with a Carlsons choke tube (.665).
Old 02-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Fiocchi is American made ammo which is good. It shoots accurately which is good. But its very dirty, sorta like shooting coal dust.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I've heard Fiocchi is good - I'm going to try a couple in my new 870 Super Mag. Also heard Kent makes a good load... not sure if anyone has tried these?

Kim
Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 AM
Spike

We've had bad luck with Fiocchi waterfowl loads. They seem to burn dirty and we've had a few duds that burped the BBs out of the barrel. Remind me of the RIO brand shells.

I bought a couple boxes of upland Fiocchis because they were on sale. Try them next September.

Another question I have is: do you think 3 1/2 give you much advantage / range on Toms? I have never used them, just stuck with 3" loads, but was curious if the 3 1/2 is a worthwhile insurance policy for skirting birds??

PT
Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never gotten good turkey patterns with Fiochi shells. If you decide to go the route of the Federal Flitecontrols make sure your choke is not designed to strip the wad ie is ported, has wad catchers, etc.

Oftentimes a 3.5" shell will have more pellets on target due to a larger number of pellets being present in the shell. Personally, I do not like the recoil, but whether it preforms well enough to shoot is up to you.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I shot some Fiocchi today - wasn't really impressed with it. I also shot Winchester Supreme, Federal 2 oz., & Remington Nitro earlier today (all turkey loads). The Fiocchi did the least best, next would be a tie between Federal & Nitro's - today Winchester was SUPREME. LOL

Patterned my new 12 ga 870 Super Mag - SWEET!!! I love it!!! Although - the synthetic stock (due to it being camo) kicked a lot harder than my wood stock 12 ga! My shoulder's feeling it! Haha

Kim
Old 02-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Turkey Goddess
I've heard Fiocchi is good - I'm going to try a couple in my new 870 Super Mag. Also heard Kent makes a good load... not sure if anyone has tried these?

Kim
I've tried the Kent #5's, not to shabby - best out of my 870 SPS-T so far is the Hevi 13 #6's but these were in 3 1/2"
Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

I have had issues with Fiocci stripping in the barrel, but i have never had that problems with Winchester, Remington, or Federal. Interestingly, the Remington 3" # 5 patterned just as well as the 3 1/2" #4 Winchesters (2 oz) at 40 yards. In the end, patterning side by side, the federal flite-controls always shoot the best out of my gun. Even at 60 yards, I'm putting pellets into the vital zone every time with 3 1/2" 2 1/4 oz #4's.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

I patterned them couple years ago and they didn't do well in my set up.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I, too, have had less than satisfactory results out of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.