Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Does anyone have a call that is super special to them? >

Does anyone have a call that is super special to them?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Does anyone have a call that is super special to them?

Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
All that property use to belong to Judge Spicola it was over 1,000 acres....I have been here since 1967....1/4 mile East of Livingston on county line....We have taken many hogs, deer,turkey,quail, doves and ducks....The part that borders I-75 belonged to Bobby Diez he had 1,000 acres on the East side of I-75 and 1,200 on the West side....
Looks like we are neighbors. I am on the north side of county line Rd. in Oak Grove. You must live very close to where Mr. Warfields nursery was. I have lived in the area since 74 but do most of my hunting on public land. When i was a kid, I used to dove hunt where Oak Grove is located. Where do you do most of your hunting?
Ray
Old 01-30-2011, 02:48 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Man, i hate to pick just one! I would have to say my favorite is my primos power crystal glass call. I like to use them all, but thats always a go to.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default fav call

It would have to be a cane creek slate call, followed close by an ashby's gobble box. Killed all my birds with them.
Dan
Old 02-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Spike

Camp Callers are back in business. The same person (Donnie Gallahar) is back making them again. You can get in touch at deleted by JW - advertising is not allowed here

Last edited by JW; 02-14-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: remove illegal call add
Old 02-14-2012, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first box call I made was from some wood that came from an old table pulled from my Grandfather's barn after he passed away. It was too far gone to restore, so I used the wood to make a different project and also the box call. It sounds great and I have called turkeys with it. So, "No.1" is a special call to me.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine would be my Woodhaven calls. I have the Cherry Crystal Classic and the Classic slate. Pricey but I have never heard a better sounding slate style call. Many Monroe County AL gobblers have walked into shotgun range because of them.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

I love my $25 waterproof MAD River Otter Box Call. When all else fails & it's time to get serious, this is the call I use.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

the only call I use is a box call Made by Albert Paul (Paul's Calls)
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Oh I have a couple calls that are special to me. I'll start with my slate call by Cody. First call my wife bought me and did she get it right. Now I have my Fire and Iced call from my buddy Firelt. What an awesome slate it is. It looks awesome and sounds awesome. Then I have the mouth calls from my buddy Southernstrut56. I wore one of them out last year. The sound was awesome and it called me in a nice tom to kill.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Fork Horn

I've called in many with my Dale Rohm box call. It plain talks Turkey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.