Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Does anyone have a call that is super special to them? >

Does anyone have a call that is super special to them?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Does anyone have a call that is super special to them?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does anyone have a call that is super special to them?

Does anyone have a certain call that they just feel more confident in or have had the best luck with? Mine is a willowridgecalls cherry pot with bronze glass over canarywood with a purpleheart striker. Whats yours?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mine is a Slate by Cody. But now there might be a new constant in the running. Its from Fire and Iced calls. It sure sounds sweet and looks nice too.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Spike

Mine is a home made slate call that is deadly on these Osceolas
Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a slate call that I made a few years ago using some Florida wild cherry. My turkey hunting partner passed away about a year ago and this was a call we often used while hunting together. R.I.P. Tim.
Ray
Old 12-26-2010, 03:34 AM
Typical Buck

I only carry 3 calls in the woods with me(unlike JW!, he carries several), slate call "Old Yellar", a mouth call and I don't have a clue who it is made by, and my best closer is the first scratch box call I made.

dog1
Old 12-26-2010, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

ABSOLUTELY!!! Eric (Fire & Iced Calls) made me one - I'm going to try using it this year. Can't wait!!!!

I love the custom made calls. We have a friend who's made us several. Our favorite is slate over glass - zebra wood. This one helped us kill a big TOM (hubby's first turkey) last spring - The call sounds amazing! Cubby's Custom Calls "Talk Sexy"... I'm anxious to put Eric's call into action this spring! There's something about a custom made call that makes it special! Killing a big TOM w/ one.????... PRICELESS!!!!!

Kim
Old 12-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess for me it would have to be my Cody World Class I bought back in the early 90's...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default Fav. Calls

I never go hunting without my H.S. Strut DD mouth call and their early 90's model glass call, killed all my Merriam's with them, I always bring others too but rarely use them.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a real nice glass call (Howard's Custom Calls) that works real nice. I also have a box call I got several years ago (Camp Calls). The maker, David Camp, passed away several years ago. I've struck quite a few birds with it.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

The best call I always make sure I have with me is one that Harry Blodgett gave probably 10-12 years ago. It's slate over glass and sounds awesome. If I could only take one call in the woods with me that would be the one hands down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.