Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Does anyone have a call that is super special to them? >

Does anyone have a call that is super special to them?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Does anyone have a call that is super special to them?

Old 12-31-2010, 06:27 AM
Spike

Default A favorite? Hmmm.

I have a few good ones Including A vintage world champion
lynch box that was my gramps (the first turkey noise I ever made was on this when i was 4 years old) but the cheap old push button easy yelper i bought years ago has clucked and purred as many old toms to there doom as the 20 or so others i have all put together. It isnt a flashy custom but I'll take it every time.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

My lynches world champion box call is my first and last call. I've never used another call since I bought it in 1983. No reason to complain either. I'm gonna buy another just in case something happens to the original, but I will keep using it until it breaks. I did try mouth calls but never could make a sound with one. If I don't have my box call handy though I can call using my mouth, just no call. I don't do any other bird calls but learned to talk turkey in the 80's. I also speak coyote and hoot owl which come in handy for locating turkeys before dawn.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

My K&H 013 mouth call and my faithful ole yeller is all I need, But i have several I carry with me.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by RPD63
I have a slate call that I made a few years ago using some Florida wild cherry. My turkey hunting partner passed away about a year ago and this was a call we often used while hunting together. R.I.P. Tim.
Ray
RPD, have you ever hunted off Countyline Rd. & Bruce B. Downs?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I have an Old Lynch 102 box, an old Quaker Boy box and an old Knight & Hale box...
Old 01-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Spike

I have a Mahogany Scratch Box call that is pretty special. It really makes sweet soft seductive yelps that bring those hung up gobblers in. I only get it out when one is hung up. I mainly use a slate call and a 2.5 reed mouth call.
If I could only carry one call it would be a mouth call.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
RPD, have you ever hunted off Countyline Rd. & Bruce B. Downs?
No Rebel Hog, I never have. I live just down the road from that corner. That was a great looking spot before all the development. Was that your neck of the woods?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Spike

Mine would be my Cody Spec1 slate, followed by my World Class slate.

Tyler
Old 01-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PALongspur
Mine would be my Cody Spec1 slate, followed by my World Class slate.

Tyler
I have a Cody World Class that I bought a the Harrisburg show back in Feb 97... I had Bill sign the call a few years ago and he acted sorta surprised to see that call... He told me he doesent make them much any more and that they are special order... He asked me how much I payed for it and I told him 75.00... He laughed and said there 150.00 now... When I bought the call in Feb 93 he was running the calls from his booth with a new striker that he was coming out with... It was made of Body Wood I think... Anyhow I asked him if I could have that striker with the call and he was reluctant to give it to me but he did... I thought that was pretty cool...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by RPD63
No Rebel Hog, I never have. I live just down the road from that corner. That was a great looking spot before all the development. Was that your neck of the woods?
All that property use to belong to Judge Spicola it was over 1,000 acres....I have been here since 1967....1/4 mile East of Livingston on county line....We have taken many hogs, deer,turkey,quail, doves and ducks....The part that borders I-75 belonged to Bobby Diez he had 1,000 acres on the East side of I-75 and 1,200 on the West side....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.