Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

NY Turkey

Old 05-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Spike

Smile 2010 Spring Tom - Germantown, NY

I hunt in Germantown, NY. Opening weekend I saw a bunch of Toms strutting and gobbling, but too far away. I didn't get close to filling my tags until the third weekend. I shot a 21lb Tom with a 9 1/2" beard and 1 1/2' spurs. There were three of them, and I took the largest. After that, they disappeared. I had my last chance to fill my second tag this past weekend. There were a couple of Toms around. Heard them in the woods but did not see them. Every time they gobbled, I called and then they would clam up. I'm done for the season but I'm happy that I will have another tail fan on my wall soon.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a set of daggers on a bird that my uncle killed just up the road last saturday (5/15). They measure out @1 9/16 in., a real stud of a gobbler!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

awesome hooks!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice Tom's guys!!!!!!
I'm hoping to get out tomorrow. I'm going to try and go out about 9am. Its been a couple years since the last time I got one. I missed last year, Grrrrrrrrr.... don't know how, but I did. It was the first time I have ever missed...
Old 05-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have gone out a couple time later in the morning. I have been going out at about 9am. Still, nothing. There is not a turkey to be found.... Oh well. Guess its time to call it a season...
Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't give up... still have a few more days!
My brother in law scored on a public land bird that must have been hunted hard all season... just found the right bird at the right time I guess.