Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

M.A.D. egg push button?

Old 05-30-2003, 09:36 PM

Default M.A.D. egg push button?

does any one use this call? i do not have a push button but i saw these on sale tonite at wally world and was wandering if it was worth the ten bucks? any of you had success with it?
Old 06-02-2003, 10:25 AM

Default RE: M.A.D. egg push button?

Good question!
I saw this call on TV....it had a very convincing sound to it in my opinion. It has a nice " sharp sounding" quality about it----I' m thinking about getting one too!

I think I like it better than the pump action yelper.

(Just one more tool for my bag of tricks)[>:]
Old 06-02-2003, 11:12 AM

I liked the sound, and, of course, now is the time to stock up on turkey calls, etc., for next year, as they' re generally on sale. Everyone should have a push-button call, IMHO. I think the idea of a turkey egg shaped call is a bit much, and I doubt it contributes functionally to the quality of the sound. As such, I am actually LESS rather than MORE inclined to buy one. (What do they think I am, an idiot?? Making a turkey egg shaped push-button call is gimmicky, to say the least.) But I do think the sound quality is actually quite excellent, so if you don' t have a push-button, since the price seems right, go for it!!
Old 06-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

A similar approach is Knight & Hales lonesome hen!I' ve used it alot especially on roosted birds with great results!You can change the loudness of the call and tone!!
Old 06-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Fork Horn

the egg is just another thing to get turkey hunters to buy something. If u want a call get it but if you want something that actually sounds like a turkey stick to custom calls like blodgett or cody (not the cheap ones they have in walmart or bass pro). They' re reasonable priced and sound about as perfect as you can get. I will admit that quaker boy has a push button i think its the pro deluxe or pro or deluxe or something that sounds as good as any push button i' ve heard. Get a blodget slate over glass and tell me if u' ve heard anything better!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a call called Siplicity that is made by M.A.D. calls. It works well.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

HMMM Nate!!!It must be a fluke that these cheap HS diaphragms I continually buy year in and year out at Walmart kill turkeys!These birds thought they sounded pretty good!

I agree the calls look may be gimmiky but I agree with BB here,calls are only as effective as the one' s that hold them and that are willing to give them a real chance to work in the field!No question Blodgett and Cody are 2 of the finer custom calls on the market but dont kid yourself that just because a call isn' t custom it wont be effective in the turkey woods because I can assure you that some of our major marketers design and produce some extremely effective calls!
Old 06-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

hey bob, I' m not implying that HS strut or any other of the companies that mass produce calls aren' t any good. The first few birds I killed were with a HS Strut Split Vll. I' m just saying from the many of contests I' ve entered and all of the calls i' ve heard that blogett and cody( not his cheap ones at walmart) are the top 2 friction calls. Besides if a gobbler is hot all you have to do is fart to call him in. But for birds that are pressured the only way to kill em is to sound like the hens that are in your area and I haven' t heard any to sound as horrible as the egg. Ain' t no doubt it will kill turkeys. All i' m just saying I want the realist sounding call out there and its just not it.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

So Nate now tell me how you really feel about the call!!Now for that fart call,where can I buy it???