Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Push Button

Old 01-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Push Button

What kind of push button calls are good or which ones do you use? Or are they just a gimmick? I'm new to turkey hunting and am looking for easy calls to use and thought these look pretty easy to operate but I was just wondering how they do and if they ever sound realistic. Thanks
Old 01-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Push Button

Titleist,in my opinion every novice as well as veteran turkey hunter would do well in investing in now a variety of this type call.Use to be this little user friendly friction call was pretty one dimensional in its sound,now this call offers a variety of tones from a walnut/maple contruction,from Quakerboy in there easy yelper version..aluminum,from Mad in The Egg..copper/walnut,from Knight&Hale in the Lonesome hen..and one of my personal favorites acrylic,fromH.S Strut...with a little tuning the sound has fooled a # of gobblers in my stretch of turkey woods and is a real asset in backing up my mouth calls in putting together a flock scenario.One hand operation and can be attached to your barrel for close in work!!No gimmick here its worked for me and will continue to have a place in this turkey hunters vest!Great change a pace call!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

its been known that more birds are taken with the PushButton then any other call on the market...BT
Old 01-16-2004, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Bob,pop in a mouth call put a push button in each hand and WAMO ya got a whole flock.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:58 AM

Well guys...as some of you know I cannot for the life of me use a mouth call....bad gag reflex.......anyway, i've found the best push button call to be the one I have.....it's brought 4 birds to the table for me in the last 2 years...2 for me & 2 for a buddy....the one I use, sorry Adrian, is the HS Strut Push Button Yelper.....Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 01-16-2004, 07:50 AM

I agree 100% with what bob said. . .

Because of their simplicity, everyone should have one (or more), especially a novice.

Good luck this spring!!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:04 PM

I use the H.S. strut push button gun mount it works really good and is waterproof.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:52 PM

Back when I first started turkey hunting, the only calls I went to the woods with that first spring were a 2 1/2 reed mouth call (which I wasn't the best in the world at) and a Lohman push button yelper made out of walnut. I used the push button to call in 2 big gobblers my first year trying and therefore was hopelessly hooked on turkey hunting. I've since naturally progressed on to other types of calls which I really enjoy using but.......IMO, there is no better call for a beginner to start out with. Combine a push button call with a fair amount of woodsmanship and you have a recipe for spring turkey success!
Old 04-21-2016, 08:07 PM
Spike

Default H S strut push button yelper

Does anyone know how to replace the spring on the H S strut push button yelper? It came off and I cannot figure out where how to reattach it. Thanks!!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Recently picked up a Knight & Hale Tom Coffin push pull call.
Not to impressed with the quality and sound of this call. Also, I can see that it would be a pain carrying in your vest as well.
What other brands of this style of call sound much better?

Quick Reply: Push Button

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.