Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Disgusted ........

Old 05-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Disgusted ........

I' m looking for a reason to go hunting on PA' s last day, which is this coming saturday.............chasing turkeys isn' t appealing to me anymore this season. This season, at least for me personally, is really testing my love for the sport. I' ve hunted 12 mornings, and haven' t had A SINGLE bird, jake, hen, or gobbler, within sight, let alone gun range. I haven' t worked one bird yet, besides the one that got shot from in front of me the first week. I' ve hunted public land, coal mine property,and even private land where no hunters have been for years. They just aren' t cooperating. It' s one let down after another. Hard calling, soft calling, no calling, cuttin' and runnin, sittin' for hours over decoys...........nothing. Went this morning, never heard a gobble. Another wasted vacation day. I guess that' s what I get for killing a nice one the first 10 minutes of the season the last couple years. About the only thing I' m getting is " up early" .... Congrats to all you guys who filled your tags this year, I' m happy that you didn' t have to suffer through a non-eventful season like I did..........it' s starting to feel like a bad day at work with no pay-day. Also wanna thank everyone for making this new member feel welcomed here, I really like this forum and the guys who write on it, but I think I' m starting dislike the sport!! [&:]
Take care guys.........
Mikey
Old 05-22-2003, 01:44 PM

Default RE: Disgusted ........

I' ve had the same experience. There is hope for next year. Don' t give up on the turkeys your turn will come and it will be sweet when it does.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:55 PM

I know how you feel, when you have had a tough season and no birds seen or worked. Sitting in the woods yelpin' and cuttin' to nothin' is no fun. Only reasons I keep at it when I hit a dry stretch is because I know there will be good days, too, that make it all worthwhile and because I' m a particularly stubborn old wretch who won' t ever give up.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

I don' t like to give up either, but man when that alarm goes off at 4 am anymore, it' s takes a lot of debating within my own head to go back out and do it again. I hunted for an hour this morning and I was ready to call it a day.........but no, my dumb a** stuck it till the very last minute until I had to go to work. I thought I was smarter.....[8D]
Old 05-22-2003, 04:46 PM

" give out ; but never give up"
thats why it is called hunting..
it' s like sex and drugs,it' s addictive!!!!!![:-].

Good Luck On Sat.[8D]
Old 05-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don' t feel to bad, your not alone!!!! After a successful opening day here in NY, it' s been the pit' s ever since!! I haven' t seen or heard a gobbler now in almost a solid week!!! Where the heck did they go????? NY' s season ends the 31st, and now the weather forcast loooks like 7 days of RAIN!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:20 PM

It will only make it better when it does happen.
My first year in SC I drew a skunk.
A year later they are all over me.

Those are the years that teach you the most.

Keep at it.
I could go ten years without a gobble and would still be out there.
Gotta love it
Old 05-22-2003, 08:29 PM

Mikey, you' re gonna have a year like this one every now and then, it' s inevitable. It just makes you better appreciate the " good" years when the birds gobble every morning and you can' t seem to do no wrong. Hang in there buddy, there' s better days ahead........good luck on Saturday!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:57 PM

Ya but sittin out in the woods and smelling the Cottonwoods blooming is still better then that four letter word that starts witha W...

Keep your chin up we' ve all been there too
Old 05-23-2003, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hunted 12 LONG days before i got mine, the day before our last hunt....it' s not over til it' over.....at 12:20 i got it......... i was feelin' all the things you are, but that day i decided not to let a thing get to me, i was just out there enjoyin' myself, even when i had two hunters walk up on me and the one run away blowin like a deer[], well i kept cool and then they came walkin in ...feathers .....
just being able to get your butt out there is a blessin' ......at least to me

Quick Reply: Disgusted ........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.