Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Disgusted ........

Old 05-23-2003, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Disgusted ........

I chickened out this morning.........[:' (] My boss is out of town, and I had a few hours to hunt, but when that alarm went off at 4am, I didn' t budge. I shut if off and rolled back over to start another sleep shift. I feel like a punk now, it' s really a nice morning here, but I' ve made a pact with myself to hunt my rearend off tomorrow! Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I need something to get me in the woods.
Mikey
Old 05-23-2003, 06:39 AM

I was more pumped up and excited for this turkey season than any other one in the past. Ironically it turned out to be the worst season I have ever had. I did manage to kill one but I hardly heard or saw any birds this year and I put in twice the amount of hunting time. The 2002 season was the best ever for me. I called in birds every time out and killed the season limit the first weekend of the season. I video taped the rest of the season.
Some years can be very frustrating but theres always next year.
Dont give up yet.[:-]
Old 05-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-23-2003, 10:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Rformani......I did hunt with a partner, and he fell asleep on the first day, with a gobbler 50yds. in front of him, over decoys in a field. I was on the opposite side of the tree from him when I heard him snoring lightly, I turned around slowly, and there he was, heading straight for our phony hens, when he spotted me moving. It' s all been downhill since then........ I really like having a partner, but our working schedules haven' t exactly allowed us to team up for more than 2 times this season, so I just keep flying solo.

Brokenbucket.......a lot of quiet mornings here too, at least where I hunt. I' m ready to start using my gobble call to give myself some entertainment....
Old 05-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Mikey, sorry to hear about the lack of action and I don' t blame you for the feeling. I' ve not gone out on the last day of seasons (deer/turkey/etc.) in the past and then regretted it afterwards thinking that I should' ve gone out. Just getting out in the woods one day and a person always seems to see something that makes it a worthwhile time whether it be a certain bird or other animal that we get the chance to see up close. Plus, if you find that one gobbler that is feeling lonely and responds then it' s one big bonus. I feel a little hypocritical commenting as I' m very blessed to hunt alot of private land in MN and WI and tend to get alot of action every year. If you do decide to venture out I hope the day goes well for ya...
Old 05-24-2003, 03:07 PM

You can' t kill them from the couch

Good luck
Old 05-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I feel ya bud. I don' t know how to explain how i' m feeling. I did manage to kill a jake which came in a gobblin his head off. But while i had him going i also had 2 other birds gobblin on the other side of me every time i called. It just sounded like a gobblin fight. BUT that was the only morning all season i had a bird answer any of my calls!!!...So just hang in there your last day could be the only one when u have action but it will be the only one you need