Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Opening day location

Old 05-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening day location

How many of you return to the same location on opening day?
Old 05-26-2003, 01:11 AM

Default RE: Opening day location

I' ve only done it once in my 5 years of turkey hunting,because that was where I shot my 1st bird, but where I got my bird this year i' m already thinking of going back to that spot.Mainly because I saw signs of jakes and heard four separate hens that morning not including the ones that were w/ the Tom I bagged so I know if the hens are there so go the Toms
Old 05-26-2003, 01:37 AM

I have a spot that I go to every year on the first day. This year it didn' t pan out. I got to the National Forest road to find the gate closed. I walked in a copule miles and then hit an unkown spot since I only had a couple hours to hunt. Went back on monday and walked all the way in and hunted it. Called my nemesis in to 50 yards!! He left with all his girlfriends [:' (]
Old 05-26-2003, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

...I do,but seems another hunter has found my honey hole so i will relocate.....
Old 05-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

it seems as if i hunt the same spot for a couple of years opening a.m. , may not be the exact same spot but it' s close enough....then it changes...my sister hunts the same place religiously, deer , turkey , hog, she' s there, dont blame her either , it' s hot....since i dont have a honey hole like her , i just go where the gobblers tell me to go
Old 05-26-2003, 07:18 PM

I hunt the same tracts every year, so, in a sense I hunt the same location, but my setup will vary from year to year with what I see/hear on my scouting missions.