Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Frustrating-But- Rewarding >

Frustrating-But- Rewarding

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Frustrating-But- Rewarding

Old 05-03-2003, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Frustrating-But- Rewarding

I didn' t get a Turkey this year for myself,But I did get my son a bird.
If you read the post on getting my son a bird,You saw I got him one on opening day,But for myself the bird' s just wouldn' t co-operate,I had a couple jake' s come in earlier but I was holding out for a nice Tom.
I had some on one set up hammerring back just over a little rise but that' s where they hit the wall and wouldn' t budge.
I had some interference with people on a couple other set up' s.
It was a frustrating hunt this year at time' s,But a very rewarding hunt on other aspect' s.
I wanted My son to bag his Bird before i got mine wich did happen,So for that it was a very,very rewarding season.
Sorry Team 9 I can' t add any point' s to our score this year,Maybe next year.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:40 AM

Default RE: Frustrating-But- Rewarding

Bob,sounds like you had a good season.Congrats
Old 05-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Bob, that' s exactly how you should look at the season; very rewarding. Helping your son to get his bird is a memory you will share for a lifetime. And passing on the heritage to another young hunter is a great thing to do to secure the future of hunting. You' re time will come again. Congrats!
Old 05-03-2003, 10:00 AM

After opening day were i hunted, we couldent get a bird to even answer our calls. one morning i had a bird coming in for my dad but then he turned around and left and thats as close as we had to getting a second bird. The birds just shut right up
Old 05-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats.....still a good season...i went 4 years without taking a shot...i learned alot about turkey hunting....had alot of close encounters..just never wanted to take the shots presented....i closed them all with a smile and called them a good season...my dad tried as hard as he could to get me a turkey for 4 years..only once did he take one while i was there..it was a nice longbeard..i think it was about 10.5 inches or so..and it was in his view not mine so he took it...i didnt mind...i was happy one of us got one...he taught me everything he knew...this year when i went out alone i used everything he taught me and bagged my first bird...too bad he wasnt there...he had to work midnight and couldnt come...you should seen his face when i woke him up at 830 telling him i got me a nice longbeard!! to say he was proud is an understatement...even if i did wake him up after a midnight...good job wiht your son...keep him hunting...maybe next year it can be your turn!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:08 AM

Success is not always measured by a full game bag. That is why it is called " hunting" , not " killing" or " shooting" . There are many rewards to the game, and a full game bag is but one of them. Congrats on a great season!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

i' d be tickled pink.....