Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Its getting frustrating! >

Its getting frustrating!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its getting frustrating!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Its getting frustrating!

I stopped at the lease on my way home from work yesterday. I thought I'd give the last hour and a half of daylight a try. I don't know why I bothered. I broke a sweat sitting on my tailgate and changing into my camo. By the time I was changed, loaded and 100yds from the truck I was soaked. I turned around and went home.
Back at the truck I checked my thermometer, 92 degrees, at 5:25 PM.This morning at 5:30 AM on my way to work it was 78 degrees. It makes me wonder why I'm even thinking about bowhunting sometimes. the weather forcasters down here say we may get some relief late next week. Until then highs in the 90s every day with very little chance of rain. I'll hunt in the mornings on Saturday and Sunday I guess but it sure is hard to get motivated. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am the worlds worst golfer. If not for that I might just change sports!.............. No, that wouldn't happen.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Its getting frustrating!

yea same here in Wi and were way north and were still in the 80's it sucks, and the skeeters wont die!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Bartender

Ticks gone up your way peanut?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now it's 39! A perfect morning to be sitting in a treestand, if I could get a day off work....[:@]

Today - high 80
Tomorrow high 84
Sat high 84
Sun high 82
Mon high 77.

It looks like no relief until the later part of next week, then we'll be in the 60s.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 AM

At least you guys have opportunities to get out and hunt, I've been so darn busy with hockey, school, and Scout functions that I can't even get out for a sweat soaked, mosquito filled hunt!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Right now it's 39!
Oh sure! Here I am whining like a little girl and you gotta throw that out there! Thanks a lot!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 AM

I know it dude. This weather really blows. 88 today and 91 tomorrow. Come on November!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Screw November! I can't kill does in Nov. I can only kill does from Sept 29th until Nov. 1st. After that its bucks only. I really need it to cool off.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:13 AM

WHAT?? What kinda hella gay rule is that??
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it was a sweltering 88 degs yesterday. I still went out and saw more deer than I have all year. I had the biggest buck of my 26 year huntingcareer just 10 yards outta range, watched him anda decent10 pt for 40 minutes while 25 or Does milled around me. Was great, sweat, mosquitos and all.

Quick Reply: Its getting frustrating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.