Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Who do you think makes the best turkey loads? >

Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

I prefer the Hevi-13's. Was seriously looking into the Nitro loads, even with the added cost, due to the great results I was hearing everyone having with them. But since there customer service SUCKS, I decided not to give them any of my money. The Hevi-13's pattern extremely well out of my 1300.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Peck1524

I prefer the Hevi-13's. Was seriously looking into the Nitro loads, even with the added cost, due to the great results I was hearing everyone having with them. But since there customer service SUCKS, I decided not to give them any of my money. The Hevi-13's pattern extremely well out of my 1300.
Since you haven't used, nor purchased any Nitro's, what may I ask has established such a poor rating of Nitro customer service in your opinion? I have dealt with Ray and Sandy for years, and have found their customer service quite acceptable. Any problems that I have had (several), have been addressed promptly and completed swiftly.

If were going to make an assessment of the value of another, please, lets use personal experience, and not hearsay, to make an objective evaluation. It is far better to be silent, than sound offand remove all doubt.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

As many above have already mentioned, NONE of the above. In several Turkey guns we've tested and use, it's the Hevi-Shot Hevi13 loads that outperform the others.... consistently. My own personal fav favors the 3", 2oz, #6 Hevi-Shot through a Black Diamond Strike choke.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 PM

I had shells ordered from Nitro for 3 plus weeks and still haven't seen them in fact they have not even sent my check thru. I WILL NOT DO BUSSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. It should not take this long to get 10 shells at $80 plus dollars. I think they SUCK....................
Old 03-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

i JUST BOUGHT SOME wINCHESTER for 12.95 at Wal*Mart. They were 1300 FT./Sec. so the Remington and Fed. the same shells use to be .50 Cents Ea.

The day I give 150.00 a box for shells will be the same day I give 10.00 for a bottle of water....LoL[:'(]
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 677vdrive

I had shells ordered from Nitro for 3 plus weeks and still haven't seen them in fact they have not even sent my check thru. I WILL NOT DO BUSSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. It should not take this long to get 10 shells at $80 plus dollars. I think they SUCK....................
Why does the cost matter as far as how long it takes to get them???

I bet if you actually shot them you wouldnt think they SUCK.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

Patience.. Please remember...they area small company (5 employees) and this is there busiest time of the year. If they haven't cashed your check, they probably haven't shipped your order. Have you called them to make sure they received your order? Kinda hard to hold them accountable if they never got the order?

I promise you...Ray and Sandy are as good of downhome people as you will want to meet. They strive to satisfy every customer. Some cannot be satisfied, but the far majority are tickled pink when they see the results of Nitro shells.

It'stroubling to see that the vast majority of Nitro naysayers are the ones who have never actually used them.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:45 AM

[/quote]

Why does the cost matter as far as how long it takes to get them???

I bet if you actually shot them you wouldnt think they SUCK.
[/quote]

The cost does not matter as to how long it takes to get them. I'm a firm believer you get wat you pay for, My point is that Idid not ordered anything that was a custom load it was one of ther loads that they suggest thatwould work good with my gun.Spring Turkey season will be here and gone in the next coupleof monthsfor everyone I would have thought that this would have be an in "stock Item" not an item that would have take me nearly a month to get.I guess what I trying to say ifanyone is planing to try thier shells and has not ordered them yet you may be S.O.L.this year.

ORIGINAL: Gamblinman

Patience.. Please remember...they area small company (5 employees) and this is there busiest time of the year. If they haven't cashed your check, they probably haven't shipped your order. Have you called them to make sure they received your order? Kinda hard to hold them accountable if they never got the order?

I promise you...Ray and Sandy are as good of downhome people as you will want to meet. They strive to satisfy every customer. Some cannot be satisfied, but the far majority are tickled pink when they see the results of Nitro shells.

It'stroubling to see that the vast majority of Nitro naysayers are the ones who have never actually used them.
I have called them, left a message and they did call me back to tell me that when my order is shipped they will run the check thru. It just seems they have had all year to gear up for one of the best times to be in the woods. Im sure Ray & Sandy are good people Mt Grove MO. is only about 45 miles from where I live myself. I'm glad that I order my shells when I did and didn't procrastinate like I usally do since our season starts in about a month.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

You may wish to check around and see if any stores around you stock the shells. There are two outdoor stores within an hours drive of me here in W. Tennessee that are distributors forRay and will sell them by the shell.

I put a reminder in my calander every year to call them in February to see when their order ships. I make sure to get there ASAP to buy my 5 shells for the season because they sell out quick. Sometimes the store can get a second order, sometimes not. I know from talking to the store owner that they place their order with Ray months in advance.

As Gamblinman said, this is a small company. The demand for their product currently is outstripping their ability to meet that demand - a good problem to have in this business climate.

You may wish to call Sandy and see if you can drive over to their facility an pick the order up yourself. Just a thought.

Mouthcaller
Old 03-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

677vdrive; All of Nitro's loads are custom loads. They are all made up when you order them. I am sure that Ray and Sandy are working tirelessly to get you your order.
I just spoke with Sandy a couple of days ago, and she said that they were approximately two weeks out on all orders. So I am assuming it will take me around three weeks (figuring in shipping time) for me to get my most recent order.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.