Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Nice calls

Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nice calls

This guy got my son and I started in turkey hunting last year. He has been making custom calls for quite a while and now makes a living at it. Check him out; www.roostem.com . That's my boy on his homepage
Old 03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nice calls

Bigtimer. tell us about this guy. How did you meet him. I thought you came here and we got you started....LoL I am glad you got 2 birds last year and I got a big Goose Egg![:@]
Old 03-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's a sassafras pot call I made a couple of years ago:

The striker is purpleheart with a hickory handle, though the striker I use most with it is chestnut.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Turkey Fife, We were at an outdoor show where my son won an award for selling $3000 worth of raffle tickets to help the NC Handicapped Sportsman Inc, when this guy Jeff Wade of Roostem calls came over and wanted to do something for him as well. Jeff donated a custom call and invited Tyler to come turkey hunt with him on youth day 04/12/2008. I immediately started chatting with you guys on 03/05/3008 in preparation for the hunt. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful but when we returned home we put the information that we got here on the forum to use and it wasn't long before we had the taxidermist on the phone. I hope that clears things up and I certainly didn't intend to mislead anyone. Poor choice of word Turkey Fife, I should have said that the first time that we turkey hunted was with Jeff and we actually learned most everything from here on the forum prior to that hunt. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for all the help over the last year guys. Turkey Fife, head on down south and hunt the farm with us. It only takes my father in law 17 hours to get here from Jerome Mo. We sure have been see plenty of birds on the farm in the last couple of weeks, especially on the warmer days.