Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Need some feathers

Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Need some feathers

I have some feathers for you. tell me where to send them
Old 04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have 4 wings from me and my son's birds so far. We can kill 2 more birds so if we are that blessed I'll have a few more for ya. Send me a PM with your mailing address.

God Bless,

Ray
Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

I found an area yesterday the birds have been roosting in and i found about 40 wing feathers you're more than welcome to. I can send them all to you or just the better quality ones it's up to you. Drop me a PM and we'll figure something out.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Ray and Schobs please check your PM

Thanks to the turkey slayers who have offerred wing feathers, you guys are great!I got a bag (BOX)full from one fellow whowill remain nameless and boy was it a surprise. Apparently, I told him to just clip them off the wing tips which he did! What I meant was just the feathers not theactual wing tips (Flesh/meat). I would imagine if the weather had been a lot cooler it wouldn't have been a big deal. But the recent warm weather and several days in a UPS Truck made for an interesting package. I knew something was up when I picked up the box and immediately detected a dead animal. I threw it in the front seat of my vehicle and within minutes knew there was something in the box more than feathers!

Couldn't takelong so I ran by the house andcautiously opened the box. WOW! that thing was hummin! It was wiggling also... Those wing parts were alive, really alive.... I shook off the critters and laid them out in the sun for several hours. By late evening they had cooled off and I was able to clip the "Feathers" off.

They turned out great and I am grateful. Will be shipping out his set of 5" Shield cut from the bunch.

I'm sure the UPS Man is still wondering what the heck was in that box.. but glad he got ride of it.??

Thanks again.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Bownanza,
Missed your post and thank youfor the offer. If you still have them let me know. Depending on what turns out from the last two guys I may not need them, but I do appreciate your offer.

Thanks and have a great season
jim
Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry I never caught this one and tossed both birds after taking the meat. I'll try to keep an eye out next year. I never even thought about people wanting them for arrows.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Oops, pic of some recent fletchings cut from some taken here won;t post? Will have to try again tomorrow.

second try with the pic?

Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Wish I'd known sooner...I would have saved mine from the other day for ya...