Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Mouth call help PLZ!!!!!! >

Mouth call help PLZ!!!!!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mouth call help PLZ!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mouth call help PLZ!!!!!!

Hey all i am lookin for some pointers on how to cackle,cutt,purr,and cluck, i can yelp just fine but im having trouble remembering the rest!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Mouth call help PLZ!!!!!!

I' m by no means a pro but this is how I do em.

purr - I vibrate my lips a little and make the tone come out of through them(people have told me it sounds excellent) I know some people say not to use lips but it works for me.

cluck - put lips together and build up air pressure in mouth then puck like a chicken.

cutt - just kuck into the reed (I think of throwing the air into the top of my mouth not out)

cackle- the hardest for me to learn by far. I learned by practicing just saying cack, cack, cack, cack , cack , ...etc without a diaphram then do it with the call. A thing that helps me with my cackles is to start out with two or three clucks then roll into cackle

hope this helps
Old 04-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

Yea it does thx still looking for more suggestions to
Old 04-04-2003, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is a little easyer sometimes to try and mimic a word under your breath ,that sounds close to the call your trying to make.
The Cluck,Cut and Cackle are all " Clucks" except they are done at a diffent level of volume and speed.
Cluck,is an attention call- Is a fast burst of air that sounds like Buck or Puck, stopping the word or cutting off the word at the end of the K.
Cut, is an excitement call-is a cluck but spead up and done as an irregular beat,still using the word Buck or Puck..
Cackle is a movement call- started off low and slow, then built into a very fast series of clucks with some volume and then again slowed and lowered as the bird would sound in an landing.
Purr is a content call-it is mastered by gargling in the back of the throat and alowing the viberstions to travel up and over the laytex of the call. Only allow a light presure with your tongue on the latex, by changing the presure slightly it will change the volume/sound.
Purr-Cluck is a spacing Call- done the same as the purr , but with a simple cluck added. Turkeys often do this as they feed.
Dewits are just an added feeding call, more done as a short wine.
FightingPurr is a aggressive Call- done as the same as the purr only with volume and speed and aggression. most times this call is slured togeather as 2 turkeys are dancing for Dominance.
Gobble is a Love call - At most times done by the male in the mating season to attract hens to his ware abouts. It is done on most calls by saying Tuck-A ,Tuck-A,Yuck-A fast. A gobble shaker works well for this call.

Adrian Hare
Quakerboy Prostaff
Old 04-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Thx that really helps me alot!!!!!