Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

how to use a mouth call

Old 02-20-2003, 12:33 PM

Default how to use a mouth call

any ways to work one because i cant work one to save my life any tips or techniqes would be much apreciated.... thanks
Old 02-20-2003, 01:11 PM

Default RE: how to use a mouth call

Well let me say that as a beginner I have found the Primos Mastering the Art series good! I got one and practiced and I started making noise. After that it is listening to the tape or CD and trying to imitate the sounds they make!
Old 02-20-2003, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ny, look down the page for the topic i started about mouth call tips, i have the same problem as you.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:47 PM

i dont know any good names, but i heard single reed reed calls are the eaisiest for a beginner like myself. i got a triple reed i cant even call the dogs with.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry thought the topic was still on page 1, heres the link

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1
Old 02-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a good site for beginners.
http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/...ling-learn.htm

The main thing is just keep trying and don' t give up, it will eventually come around. You may make some pretty weird sounds at first, but just keep practicing.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

A brand " NEW" video just came out by Walter Parrott and Chris Parrish. It' s called " Champion to Champion - Perfecting The Turkey Diaphragm Call" .
Very well done and shows lots of great tips. This is an instructional video for beginners right through the season veteran. Check it out...really pretty good!
Old 02-21-2003, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don' t ! Use a Single to start....... Use a Double reed , It is the easyest to blow for the beginner. By Placing the Mouth call on the middle of the tongue and then close your mouth the laytex should not touch the roof of your mouth. By adding presure to the laytex with your tongue, take a breath and push(Force) the air out between the tongue and the laytex. You should get a High pitch squeel. By dropping your jaw a little ,you will take presure off the reed and allow , more air to exit,, this will give you a Lower pitch. They are the two (Notes) you need to Yelp. Now by trying slow to say the word Chu-ck with the air presure that you allow out,(Chu) being the High pitch and (ck) being the Low pitch ,,,speed the word up you should be close to the Turkey Yelp....BT
Old 02-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

I totally agree with BossTom about using a double reed call to start and how he tels you to use it!
Old 02-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Chuck! I really like you Hope your lovly wife and you had a great time at the Convention. You must of been busy there my friend...BT

Quick Reply: how to use a mouth call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.