Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

outerstaters

Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 PM

Default outerstaters

who hates the outerstate turkeuy hunters i mean therre everywhere here in mo and they hunt everywhere htey swamp us here i mean its okay if the come to hunt with people wwholive down here but just to come
Old 11-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: outerstaters

I hunt turkeys in Missouri with an outfitter. Most of the turkey hunters Ive met in Missouri have welcomed me to the area. I hate to hear you dont like us from out of state.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry you feel that way Redneck. I have hunted turkeys on and off in Mo. for the past 30 years, and I have to admit that there are a lot more hunters now, but the population of turkeys in Mo. seems to be holding it's own. Remember that out-of-state hunters are an economic boon to many local businesses.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

i welcome any and all ethical turkeys hunters to our state. remember that while mo might not be a monster buck state that we do have the largest density of turkeys in the entire US.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

As long as you kill them legally and ethically, I could care less where you're from, or how you do it. Come on down guys
Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I guess I better not come to Missouri. I sure don't want to feelunwelcomed.[&:]I'll just carry my business to Texas.[:-]
Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 PM

no i dont mean it that way but i mean if you hunt unetihicially like for instances down here we had a out of stater do some baiting and such and the ones who trespass our if a ton of people come down to a tiny piece of public land like they do down here
Old 12-01-2008, 05:17 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Those points are well taken Redneck. Unethical hunting hurts all of us - Me I turn in all poachers/tresspassersanytime anywhere.

JW
Old 12-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

I remember something like that that made me furious. We rent a few hundred acres of our land to out of state deer hunters every year, but ONLY for deer season. The place that they rent is one of my best for turkey hunting. Well, evidently they thought that since they rented it for deer season they had the right to turkey hunt it as well, after I'd made it clear that it was only a deer season lease. I was out one morning turkey hunting, had a gobbler working toward me, and I hear BOOM from that direction. Well nobody is supposed to be on that land but me, so I quickly made my way in that direction. I found one of the out of state deer hunters walking out of the woods. When I confronted him he claimed that he walked up on a gobbler and shot and missed him. I knew exactly what happpened. He heard that gobbler and cut him off, and when he walked by he took a potshot at him. [:@]Then I got just a little pissed off with him. In short I cussed him up down and sideways for hunting that land after I told him that I was the only one that turkey hunted the place. I'm a fairly big guy, since I stick to a heavy workout routine, so he was a tad nervous . Needless to say I invited him to leave my property, and he hasn't been back since, not even for deer season.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:58 PM

way to tell him off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.