Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

outerstaters

Old 12-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: outerstaters

ORIGINAL: Redneckdeerslayer96

who hates the outerstate turkeuy hunters i mean therre everywhere here in mo and they hunt everywhere htey swamp us here i mean its okay if the come to hunt with people wwholive down here but just to come
Well the simple solution would be to buy your own damn land so we can't "swamp" you. Missouri is one of the best states there is for turkey hunting so be proud of that.....and get over it.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

i have noticed that 95% of the rednecks where i came from have the same kind of views. they believe that everyone should hunt in their own state. well most of them havn't been cultured enough to know better. what is supposed to happen to the people who don't have hardly any turkey populations in their state? it is well know that mo. has more turkeys than they know what to do with.

think about it this way mr. redneck, what happens if one day you want to hunt elk. you will have to leave your state to hunt elk, should the people of that state complain that you are in their state hunting. no. most of us live in the united states where we have the privlaged opportunities to leave our state and hunt game that we don't normally have where we are from.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

It all evens out, especially considering all the Missouri plates I know see in Illinois during deeer season
Old 12-03-2008, 04:11 PM

okay but if i whent to hunt elk it would be way back in thw woods where nobody lives our i would go to a outfiter
Old 12-03-2008, 04:20 PM

Welcome to the big MO.....If you get a turkey though....I get half of the breast.....as payment. Just cuz I still havent gotten one of my own.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:23 PM
JW
Super Moderator

All I can ask is keep it civil folks - This is getting a litle out of hand.

And I will keep watchin'

JW
Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 PM

whats that supposed to mean and the only resason i brought up the post is because my uncle dont like outerstaers like the ones i described
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
JW
Super Moderator

No one who has good sound hunting ehtics cares for any hunter who breaks the law we must all abide by. The laws are there to protect us and the game we choose to hunt.

And you are correct so I edited my previous post. - sorry

JW
Old 12-03-2008, 05:51 PM

its okay i was getting carried away but i do make a good point
Old 12-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Out of state huntersprovide a great economic benefit to the states they hunt and they also help any state or town they stop through on the way to their hunt. I have met several out of staters that would be welcome to hunt with me anytime.

On the other hand private land isgetting harder to come by which upsets the local hunters (in my area anyway) because of out of state landowners, and leases. Which has led to several local hunters relying on public land or quiting all together. Our area is not a strong economical area (before the current economic crisis) so many of these guys cant/couldn't afford to match the price a non-resident is paying per acre or for a lease. This has resulted in hard feelings towards non-residents from some of the locals.

We also have allot of hound runners around here, they don't run during gun season, but they have had several run-in's with out of state hunters adding to the hard feelings. Some of them don't understand you can't control or get a lead on your dog before it goes into a property it shouldn't.

As I stated at the begining of my post, I have met som great out of staters and I have really enjoyed meeting them, but I can see how some people get frustrated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.