HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - outerstaters
Thread: outerstaters
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 08:34 AM
StruttinGobbler3
Typical Buck

Default RE: outerstaters

I remember something like that that made me furious. We rent a few hundred acres of our land to out of state deer hunters every year, but ONLY for deer season. The place that they rent is one of my best for turkey hunting. Well, evidently they thought that since they rented it for deer season they had the right to turkey hunt it as well, after I'd made it clear that it was only a deer season lease. I was out one morning turkey hunting, had a gobbler working toward me, and I hear BOOM from that direction. Well nobody is supposed to be on that land but me, so I quickly made my way in that direction. I found one of the out of state deer hunters walking out of the woods. When I confronted him he claimed that he walked up on a gobbler and shot and missed him. I knew exactly what happpened. He heard that gobbler and cut him off, and when he walked by he took a potshot at him. [:@]Then I got just a little pissed off with him. In short I cussed him up down and sideways for hunting that land after I told him that I was the only one that turkey hunted the place. I'm a fairly big guy, since I stick to a heavy workout routine, so he was a tad nervous . Needless to say I invited him to leave my property, and he hasn't been back since, not even for deer season.