Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Winchester supreme vs Win High Vel Supreme >

Winchester supreme vs Win High Vel Supreme

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Winchester supreme vs Win High Vel Supreme

Old 04-01-2003, 02:35 PM
Spike

Default Winchester supreme vs Win High Vel Supreme

I accidentally purchased winchester supremes the red shell over the high veloicty supremes. Just curious if there is much of a difference between the 2 and at what yardage will it make a difference

Thanks
Old 04-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winchester supreme vs Win High Vel Supreme

If you havent patterned your gun at all this season and you are just picking up some shells to go hunting then I dont think it really matters much.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Spike

I have patterned the six shot high velocity shells already and have 3 left. However I went to purchse some yesterday and this is all they had at the stores in my city.

I am just curous abpout the downrange energy they will produce compared to the High velocity loads. If they dont pattern well I will not consider them and will just have to order off the internet thanks

Old 04-01-2003, 07:48 PM

TXhunter2, use ' em! I have used them in the past and they killed turkeys just as dead[X(] as the HV' s I use now. You' ll probably never know the difference if you haven' t patterned your gun with them and keep the ranges within reason.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Each shell patterns different, and then throw in a variety of makes of choke tubes and you have your homework cut out for you!! One thing I have learned over the years is that just because someone says this shell/choke shoots best with this or that load, be sure to take it with a grain of salt. Unless you actually tried out of your gun, you' ll never know how it will do!! I think that this is pretty sound advice for anyone. There isn' t any short cuts, you have to pattern your gun to see for sure!![8D]