Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 New birds coming!!! video added >

New birds coming!!! video added

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New birds coming!!! video added

Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New birds coming!!! video added

I'm buzzing with excitement. In an hour, I'm headed to an air freight company to pick up 15 turkeys from the Big Island.

We (some state DLNR guys and NWTF vols) are going to release them tomorrow in an areas we've been developing for turkeys since 2004. This is a small release compared to many other places, but it will bring the total number of turkeys released on Oahu to 44 in the last 4 years.

This will be the biggest single release we've had here in a long time. You wouldn't believe the hoops I had to go through to get the system set up. Rather than focus on the bad history...I look at it this way. It's a step in the right direction. More turkeys to boost our small, but growing flock. We're now on the hook to get some more next month, if the trapping goes well.

One day we'll have a spring season on island, and that day is a little closer. I'll post pix, but I just wanted to get this out there and share the info..excited...excited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEouYaFT2hA
Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New birds coming!!!

Thats great news Joe. How ya been Joe? Joe you got your sticker didnt ya. If ya need another let me know I still have some extras...