logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Old 03-19-2003, 12:05 PM   #1

Default Another new friction call!

Just recieved my second new friction call from Ron Clough on monday. The first was a glass call in a hand-turned wormy chestnut pot and monday' s arrival was Ronnie' s famous red cedar " Double Trouble" slate call. It' s not only the prettiest custom call I' ve bought, it' s the best sounding! This thing will sing!! Anyone in the market for some new calls should look into Close Calls. www.close-calls.com

By the way, his hand-turned tube calls are the best!

PBB
Old 03-19-2003, 12:10 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to TScottW99
Default RE: Another new friction call!

That' s not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I' m called out until sometime in the distant future according to my wife

Congrat' s on the two new calls. I' ve been drooling over his calls for a little while.... that tube call is calling my name

Theodore Roosevelt

http://tscott.fws1.com

ONE NATION UNDER GOD!
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 08:49 PM   #3

I have a new custom slate call coming any day now also, can' t wait to see it! It' s an osage orange slate over glass with an osage striker from www.harrisongamecalls.homestead.com. I' ve decided to step up from the production calls and try a custom call. The Harrison call is my first but surely won' t be my last!
Old 03-20-2003, 09:38 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to TScottW99

Congrat' s MOTurkey Tamer, I' ve spent some time on his webpage also and his Osage Orange calls are beautiful! I gave my wife the web addy for future holiday reference

Theodore Roosevelt

http://tscott.fws1.com

ONE NATION UNDER GOD!
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 03:25 PM   #5

I was also going to get an Osage Orange slate call from Steve this year but ended up getting the calls from Ronnie instead. Steve' s calls are on my list for next year though.

PBB