Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Public land..... Slobs

Old 04-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Default RE: Public land..... Slobs

some real tough guys on this site huh, dont think you'd come to Arkansas and kick someones decoys over. Quit bitching and get up a little earlier and walk a little further or quithunting.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bullshooter

If you think you have it bad, just try turkey huntingin PA. I have hunted in 7 other states, nothing even comes close to it...
Amen to that... I hunt right on the boarder of Pa/Md and I have twice the DA's to deal with!!!

I had a spot scouterd out for 3 days prier to the opener one year and I was in my spot more than a hour before day light... At about 15 minute before gobbling time I have this non resident AH pull up 50 yards from were I was parked and starts to get ready to head into the woods... This guy follows me into the woods and starts to owl hoot 20 yards from me... I ask the guy. "christ can you give me some room. There is 40,000 acres hear to hunt" He just keeps on owling and just heads on down in the woods... I was pissed to say the least!!! I told my brother about and he told me I should of unloaded my shot gun... After I thought about it for a couple days, I think he was right... His public land saying is "if I dont hunt nobody hunts" Well I've adopted that saying big time!!!!! This spring I'm going to put a pocket full of low brass loads in my vest just for the AH's

By the way opening day of rifle season the same thing happen...

If you want to talk about public land nightmares... Lets talk
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

I ask the guy. "christ can you give me some room. There is 40,000 acres hear to hunt" He just keeps on owling and just heads on down in the woods... I was pissed to say the least!!!
Go deeper in the woods next time. Most of the people don't go in as deep in the woods as they should anyway.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude how deep do you have to go??? Get a topo map of anywere in Md you want... You cant walk a mile without hitting a dirt road

Maybe NJ hase some vast state forest... Not Md
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Arp
Spike

Just a reminder to keep cool heads folks. Please remember this is a family oriented site, no profanity and lets not encourage violent acts. Thanks.
Arp
Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Arp
Spike

I can certainly understand the frustration factor at having people walk through your spot. I was sitting on my back patio a couple years ago prior to the season opening practicing my turkey calls and had two men walk around my house to "see". I about dumped my coffee in my lap at the sight of two strangers walking up beside me. Now if my driveway isnt private land I dont know what is!.
Arp
Old 04-04-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: RockyMtnGobbler

Iconsider a slob to be a hunter who walks in another hunters set up Knowingly [:@]or accidentally andinstead of apologizingkicks the other hunters Decoy!
I had a hunter walk into my set up....... I had no decoys out and I was in camo, so of course he could not see me, he accidentally walked in, I said hello and waved. He was very NICE and apologizedwe talked and he said he would go to another place, HE is NOT a slob! heis a good hunter! Thats how it should be done!
X2
Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 PM

I have to modify my first comment. If you have that much of a problem getting bumped into by other hunters on public land, you have the following reasonable solutions.

1. Buy your own land.
2. If buying land isn't an option, quit huntin'. With your attitude towards public land hunting with the "slobs", you oviously aren't very successful at working with the complications.

The best public land hunters I know are absolutelyobsessed and don't let any interference bother him.
If my memory serves me right,they kill most of their birds later in the day anyway, when most of the "slobs" are already gone.I killed my best bird at 12:37 PM on a Saturday on public ground. There were 3 cars when I arrived and I was the only one there when I returned.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
JW
Super Moderator

ihunt1975
WELL SAID!

JW
Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

This entire thread just mirrors my feelings about deer season 100%!!! It's nice to see that alot of you guys experience the same kind of frustration I do when I get up at 5am, walk a mile into the PRIVATE land behind my house, climb 25ft up a tree in a climbing stand, hoist my bow up and sit nearly 9hrs just to watch friggin' deer dogs run deer right past my stand and keep on chugging while a lazy piece of crap redneck waits on a road to take pot-shots onto land that he isn't allowed to hunt. I really enjoyed the one who produced written permission, on and old envelope no less,from the landowner, as required by law, when I approached him with an officer. Oddly enough, he produced written permissionfrom the landowner to hunt MY land and then tried to convince the officer that my DEED was fake. His story fell apart when he told the officer the landowner just scribbled out permission on the envelope at the beginning of deer season so he could get hunting. Season starts in Sept, he had an envelope postmarked two days before Christmas and this was on the 27th. There's your rocket scientist.

It ruins my hunt and puts my kids in danger of not having a father.I have no remorse in the fact that I have, on occasion, popped a round into the ground underneath me to get their attention. I've never had to follow up with my promise of the next one going in their direction.

There are "slobs" everywhere, not just the turkey woods. Inexperienced or just plain ignorant, we call all learn something from each other. Then again.....

Quick Reply: Public land..... Slobs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.