HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public land..... Slobs
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Beezer
Typical Buck

Default RE: Public land..... Slobs

This entire thread just mirrors my feelings about deer season 100%!!! It's nice to see that alot of you guys experience the same kind of frustration I do when I get up at 5am, walk a mile into the PRIVATE land behind my house, climb 25ft up a tree in a climbing stand, hoist my bow up and sit nearly 9hrs just to watch friggin' deer dogs run deer right past my stand and keep on chugging while a lazy piece of crap redneck waits on a road to take pot-shots onto land that he isn't allowed to hunt. I really enjoyed the one who produced written permission, on and old envelope no less,from the landowner, as required by law, when I approached him with an officer. Oddly enough, he produced written permissionfrom the landowner to hunt MY land and then tried to convince the officer that my DEED was fake. His story fell apart when he told the officer the landowner just scribbled out permission on the envelope at the beginning of deer season so he could get hunting. Season starts in Sept, he had an envelope postmarked two days before Christmas and this was on the 27th. There's your rocket scientist.

It ruins my hunt and puts my kids in danger of not having a father.I have no remorse in the fact that I have, on occasion, popped a round into the ground underneath me to get their attention. I've never had to follow up with my promise of the next one going in their direction.

There are "slobs" everywhere, not just the turkey woods. Inexperienced or just plain ignorant, we call all learn something from each other. Then again.....