Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Good Crow Call

Old 03-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Spike

Default Good Crow Call

Since I am thinking about Turkey Calls, what is your favorite crow call? Do you know anything about theM.A.D. Cherry Crow Call? What other locators/brands do you like?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good Crow Call

I'm usually not a huge fan of M.A.D. calls, so i have not heard of it. I think the one i have now is the HS Strut Power Crow or something like that. I must admit I am much less picky about my locator calls, then I am about my turkey calls.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:07 PM

I have an old knight and hale crow call that i carried for a while. Now I have the lohman crow/owl combo, so its takes up less space. I've probably only used ita hand full oftimes. Therefore like the previous poster said I'm not very picky about it.Ive only used it when there are absolutely nobirds gobbling, or a really quiet dayb/c in my opinion if the birds arent gobbling at the crows or owls that are already there, then your call won't make a difference, nothing beats the real thing.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just take an old diaphram call and blow real hard on it. Cheapest and easiest crow call I know of. You've probably already got one.

And it works too. You can even call in crows with a little practice.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Spike

H.S. Hammerin Crow,It's loud and easy to use.Been usein it quit a few years now and had great sucess roostin birds.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:51 PM

P.S.O.L.T. NO. E-1 crow call
It has that raspy sound too it. I have been locating them for years with the same one. If you vibrate your throat when you blow into it, kinda like a growl is sounds more realistic than any I have ever heard, I actually use it to shoot crows with.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Spike

Shamlin, You brought back some memories seein that olt E-1
I have one thats about 25-30 years old did some damage on the the crow population back then.But for shocken the Hammerin crow blows it away..!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an old lohmans crow call somewhere, its kinda misplaced at the moment. That call is nice and loud and obnoxious. It gets the job done. I have a power crow or somethin too, new in the package, it too is lost somewhere. Luckily I have this custom crow thing I won entering an online turkey contest that gets the job done too.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

another vote for the Hammerin crow....havent seen anything that works as well. alot of guys dont believe me because crows are about everywhere and alot of guys have trouble getting them to respond to a crow call....if theres turkeys around and a blow my hammerin crow call, chances are really good i will get a shock out of them. just seems to work for me
Old 03-28-2008, 04:31 AM
JW
Super Moderator

HAYDEL - been usin' it over 20 yrs.....all plastic - has a lip setting to do both young and old crow calls - when bored I can mimic a wounded crow and bring them for miles. My record is 41 crows all callin' flyin' lookin' for their distressed buddy!

JW

Quick Reply: Good Crow Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.