Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Arkansas Turkey?

Old 02-15-2003, 12:25 PM

Default Arkansas Turkey?

Where can hunt turkeys in arkansas? I have been looking for some but with no luck. If you could help me, i would really appricaiate it.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Arkansas Turkey?

Hunter, exactly where is Sherwood? we can probly help you out, but I don' t know where Sherwood is.[8D]
Old 02-15-2003, 03:50 PM

its right by north little rock or little rock also.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It' s a small world Hunter, I was in Sherwood visiting some friends last night V-Day. There' s a bunch of turkeys up by where I am in the Ozark Mountains. Piney Creeks, right north of Dover is loaded with turks. I' m in Russellville. To get here you can just get on I-40 and head towards Fort Smith going West. I don' t know about many turkeys in Eastern Arkansas. I think most of the state' s harvest comes from the Ozarks. If you wanna meet up and go once season starts, just contact me via email and we' ll try to work something out. If you need any more info about turks, just let me know...
Old 02-16-2003, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Fro is right about the ozarks. they probly have more turkeys than do the ouchita mt' s. but, the population in the ouchita' s are rising again. a few places to check out in the ouchita mts are the Albert Pike area, and the Mt Ida area.
go to www.agfc.com and they can send you maps of all these areas in the ouchita and ozark mountains. just ask for a map of the ozark and ouchita national forrest.
I think there' s a small fee for the maps, but it' s not much.